UFC 234 took place Saturday, February 9 at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia. The pay-per-view was headlined by unbeaten Israel Adesanya and former middleweight champion Anderson Silva. The two men earned the main event slot after current titleholder Robert Whittaker was forced to withdraw from his title defense against Kelvin Gastelum hours before the event was set to begin due to a hernia.
In the main event, Adesanya and Silva put on a show in a virtual passing of the torch that landed each fighter a $50,000 bonus for Fight of the Night.
Now that the event has passed, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has given us a closer look at what happened between the two men after the fight as they shared their mutual respect for each other.
The UFC released “UFC 234: Thrill & Agony,” which shows the highs and lows for each fighter on fight night.
Here is a closer look at the words the former champion and rising star shared.
Go behind the scenes at UFC 234: Adesanya vs Silva to get a first hand look at the thrill and agony of fight night. Watch the full episode on UFC FIGHT PASS.
The full results from UFC 234 can be seen below.
UFC 234 Results
- Israel Adesanya def. Anderson Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lando Vannata def. Marcos Mariano via submission (kimura) – Round 1, 4:55
- Ricky Simon def. Rani Yahya via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- Montana De La Rosa def. Nadia Kassem via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 2:37
- Jim Crute def. Sam Alvey via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:49
- Devonte Smith def. “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:53
- Shane Young def. Austin Arnett via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Kai Kara-France def. Raulian Paiva via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Kyung Ho Kang def. Teruto Ishihara via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:59
- Jalin Turner def. Callan Potter via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:53
- Jonathan Martinez def. Wuliji Buren via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)