The Ultimate Fighting Championship heads to Sunrise, Florida on Saturday, April 27 for UFC on ESPN+ 8. It is the second event in the city, following UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall in June 2012. The event features a matchup between two top middleweight contenders and two heavyweight contenders.
In the main event, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza takes on Jack Hermansson, who is a late replacement for Paulo Costa.
In the co-main event, Greg Hardy, the former NFL star and controversial figure due to his domestic violence past, will be facing Dmitrii Smoliakov.
The Brazilian was forced to withdraw from the bout due to pneumonia.
In anticipation of their event on Saturday night, all fighters on the card had to step onto their scales for the official fighter weigh-ins. Much to the pleasure of all of the fans in attendance, the fights will go on as planned with everyone scheduled to participate in the event successfully hitting their marks.
A full look at the UFC on ESPN+ 8 weigh-in results can be seen below.
UFC on ESPN+ 8 Weigh-In Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 9:00 p.m. ET)
- Ronaldo Souza (185.5) vs. Jack Hermansson (185)
- Greg Hardy (264.5) vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov (262)
- Alex Oliveira (171) vs. Mike Perry (171)
- Ion Cutelaba (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.5)
- John Lineker (135) vs. Cory Sandhagen (135)
- Thomas Gifford (156) vs. Roosevelt Roberts (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 7:00 p.m. ET)
- Takashi Sato (170.5) vs. Ben Saunders (170.5)
- Andrei Arlovski (247) vs. Augusto Sakai (264)
- Carla Esparza (115) vs. Virna Jandiroba (115.5)
- Gilbert Burns () vs. Mike Davis (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, 5:30 p.m. ET)
- Jason Gonzalez (156) vs. Jim Miller (155.5)
- Jodie Esquibel (116) vs. Angela Hill (115.5)
- Dhiego Lima (171) vs. Court McGee (170.5)