The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to Las Vegas on Saturday, July 6 for UFC 239. The event coincides with the annual International Fight Week where fans from around the world come together to experience the UFC like few have the opportunity to do. This year, the event is rumored to feature a championship doubleheader at T-Mobile Arena.
While the main event is not yet official, all signs are pointing towards UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones putting his title on the line against heavy-handed challenger Thiago “Marreta” Santos.
In the co-main event, the current rumors suggest two-division UFC women’s champion Amanda Nunes is set to defend her bantamweight strap against former titleholder Holly Holm. Brett Okamoto of ESPN.com was first to share the news.
Adding to the star power of the event, a planned welterweight bout between Ben Askren and Jorge Masvidal is expected to appear on the card.
Jorge Masvidal has verbally agreed to fight Ben Askren on July 6 in Las Vegas, according to sources. UFC wanted June 8 but that date didn’t work for Masvidal. Askren tells me that date works for him, too. Hoping to finalize it shortly.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) March 29, 2019
Other bouts reportedly targeted for the event include the light heavyweight debut of former middleweight title challenger Luke Rockhold, who is expected to face top 205-contender Jan Blachowicz.
Additional bouts will be announced in the coming weeks, along with an official venue and location.
Below is all of the information you will need to catch the event from the opening bout.
UFC 239: Fight Time & Viewing Details
Event: UFC 239
Date: Saturday, July 6, 2019
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Venue: T-Mobile Arena
Main Card Card Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, UFC Fight Pass, UFC on ESPN+
UFC 239 Fight Card
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Thiago Santos (204.5) – for light heavyweight title
- Champ Amanda Nunes (135) vs. Holly Holm (133.5) – for women’s bantamweight title
- Ben Askren (171) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5)
- Jan Blachowicz (205.5) vs. Luke Rockhold (204.5)
- Michael Chiesa (170.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (169)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Arnold Allen (145.5) vs. Gilbert Melendez (145.5)
- Nohelin Hernandez (136) vs. Marlon Vera (136)
- Claudia Gadelha (115) vs. Randa Markos (116)
- Alejandro Perez (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Jack Marshman (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
- Ismail Naurdiev (170.5) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.5)
- Julia Avila (135) vs. Pannie Kianzad (135)