The Ultimate Fighting Championship is back on pay-per-view Saturday, March 2 with UFC 235. The event features a championship doubleheader, but most notably includes the quick turnaround and return of light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
Jones will be defending his title against top contender Anthony Smith.
In the co-main event, welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will be making his return to action when he puts his belt on the line against top contender Kamaru “The Nigerian Nightmare” Usman.
Ahead of the highly-anticipated pay-per-view event, UFC commentators John Gooden and Dan Hardy took the time to provide a tactical analysis of the contest with the tale of the tape and by taking an in-depth look at the highlights and careers of both fighters.
You can check out the full breakdown from “UFC 235: Inside the Octagon” below.
Dan Hardy and John Gooden are back to break down the UFC 235 light heavyweight title fight between champion Jon “Bones” Jones and Anthony “Lionheart” Smith on March 2.
UFC 235: Fight Time & Viewing Details
Event: UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2019
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Venue: T-Mobile Arena
Pay-Per-View Card Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass, FOX Sports 1, Pay-per-view
UFC 235 Fight Card
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – for light heavyweight title
- Champ Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – for welterweight title
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
- Alejandro Perez vs. Cody Stamann
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Charles Byrd vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
- Frankie Saenz vs. Marlon Vera
- Hannah Cifers vs. Polyana Viana