UFC 231 took place Saturday, December 8 at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with a thrilling featherweight title fight between current champion Max Holloway and challenger Brian Ortega. The main event earned Fight of the Night honors, giving each participant a $50,000 bonus, while Holloway picked up an additional $50,000 for Performance of the Night.
Thiago Santos, who opened up the pay-per-view main card against Jimi Manuwa, picked up the other $50,000 bonus for his vicious second-round knockout.
To relive the action, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has called on its high-definition, super slow-motion cameras to deliver the promotion’s one-of-a-kind “UFC 231: Fight Motion” highlights. The highlights give you a better idea of just how punishing and damaging the best strikes of the night were.
You can check out the full super slow-motion video highlights from “UFC 231: Fight Motion” below.
UFC 231 Results
- Max Holloway def. Brian Ortega via fourth-round TKO (5:00)
- Valentina Shevchenko def. Joanna Jedrzejczyk via unanimous decision
- Gunnar Nelson def. Alex Oliveira via submission (RNC) (R2, 4:17)
- Hakeem Dawodu def. Kyle Bochniak via SD (28-29, 30-27 x2)
- Thiago Santos def. Jimi Manuwa via second-round KO (0:41)
- Nina Ansaroff def. Claudia Gadelha via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Gilbert Burns def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier via UD (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Jessica Eye def. Katlyn Chookagian via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Elias Theodorou def. Eryk Anders via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Brad Katona def. Matthew Lopez via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
- Dhiego Lima def. Chad Laprise via first-round KO (1:37)
- Diego Ferreira def. Kyle Nelson via second-round TKO (1:23)
- Aleksandar Rakic def. Devin Clark via first-round TKO (4:05)