Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis served as the main event of UFC 230 on Saturday, November 3 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Cormier, the UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion, put his heavyweight title on the line when he entered the Octagon against Lewis.
Wasting no time, Cormier was able to use his Olympic caliber wrestling to put Lewis on the mat where he overwhelmed the title challenger en route to a second-round submission victory.
With the win, Cormier extended his perfect mark in the heavyweight division to 15-0.
Other standout performers on the night were Israel Adesanya and Jared Cannonier, who earned $50,000 bonuses for Performances of the Night, while co-main event participants Chris Weidman and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza picked up $50,000 each for Fight of the Night honors as Jacare continued to climb the ladder at 185-pounds where he is angling for a title shot against either Robert Whittaker or Kelvin Gastelum.
If you missed out on Saturday’s action, we have you covered.
The full video highlights for Cormier vs. Lewis can be seen below.
UFC 230 Results
- Daniel Cormier def. Derrick Lewis via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:14
- Ronaldo Souza def. Chris Weidman via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:46
- Jared Cannonier def. David Branch via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:29
- Karl Roberson def. Jack Marshman via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Israel Adesanya def. Derek Brunson via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:51
- Jordan Rinaldi def. Jason Knight via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-26)
- Sijara Eubanks def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sheymon Moraes def. Julio Arce via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-26)
- Lyman Good def. Ben Saunders via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:32
- Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata – majority draw (29-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Shane Burgos def. Kurt Holobaugh via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:11
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima def. Adam Wieczorek via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)