The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to Brazil on Saturday, November 16 for UFC on ESPN+ 22 at Ginásio do Ibirapuera. The event is headlined by a light heavyweight bout between Jan Blachowicz and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, a former Strikeforce middleweight champion who is moving up a weight class to make his 205-pound debut.
Ahead of Saturday’s event, fighters had to step onto the scale for the official weigh-ins.
Blachowicz and Jacare successfully hit their marks, but three of the four women competing on the card were unable to hit their contracted weight limits. Despite that, all of the bouts will move forward as planned.
For fans eager to see tomorrow night’s action, there will be one more time to see the fighters come face-to-face before they step into the cage in just over 24 hours as they take the stage on Friday, November 15 at the ceremonial weigh-ins.
You can watch the ceremonial weigh-ins below beginning at 4:00 p.m. ET.
UFC on ESPN+ 22: Fight Time & Viewing Details
Event: UFC on ESPN+ 22: Blachowicz vs Jacare
Date: Saturday, November 16, 2019
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Venue: Ginásio do Ibirapuera
Main Card Card Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
UFC on ESPN+ 22 Weigh-in Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jan Blachowicz (205) vs. Ronaldo Souza (205)
- Paul Craig (205) vs. Mauricio Rua (206)
- Jared Gordon (156) vs. Charles Oliveira (155)
- Antonio Arroyo (185) vs. Andre Muniz (186)
- Markus Perez (186) vs. Wellington Turman (186)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5:00 p.m. ET)
- James Krause (170.5) vs. Sergio Moraes (171)
- Eduardo Garagorri (145.5) vs. Ricardo Ramos (146)
- Bobby Green (156) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (155)
- Warlley Alves (171) vs. Randy Brown (171)
- Renan Barao (146) vs. Douglas de Andrade (145)
- Isabella de Padua (130.5)* vs. Ariane Lipski (125.5)
- Tracy Cortez (136.5) vs. Vanessa Melo (136.5)**
*De Padua missed the women’s flyweight limit. She accepted the bout just hours before the weigh-ins as a replacement for Veronica Macedo.
**Both Cortez and Melo missed the women’s bantamweight limit. They will not be fined percentages of their purses and the fight will go on.