The Ultimate Fighting Championship made the trip to Abu Dhabi for UFC 242 on Saturday, September 7. Headlining the pay-per-view event was a championship unification bout between lightweight titleholder Khabib Nurmagomedov and interim champ Dustin Poirier.
When it was all said and done, it was Nurmagomedov who reminded everyone at 155-pounds just how dangerous he is each and every time he steps into the cage with a third-round submission victory (rear-naked choke) over Poirier.
In the co-main event of the night, Paul Felder was able to edge out Edson Barboza via split decision.
To relive the action, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has called on its high-definition, super slow-motion cameras to deliver the promotion’s one-of-a-kind “UFC 242: Fight Motion” highlights. The highlights give you a better idea of just how punishing and damaging the best strikes of the night were.
You can check out the full super slow-motion video highlights from “UFC 242: Fight Motion” below.
If you missed out on the action, we have you covered.
The full event results from UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi can be seen below.
UFC 242 Results
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Dustin Poirier via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 2:06
- Paul Felder def. Edson Barboza via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 30-27)
- Islam Makhachev def. Davi Ramos via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Curtis Blaydes def. Shamil Abdurakhimov via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:22
- Diego Ferreira def. Mairbek Taisumov via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)
- Joanne Calderwood def. Andrea Lee via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lerone Murphy declared split draw (29-28, 28-29, 28-28)
- Sarah Moras def. Liana Jojua via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 2:26
- Ottman Azaitar def. Teemu Packalen via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:33
- Belal Muhammad def. Takashi Sato via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 1:55
- Muslim Salikhov def. Nordine Taleb via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 4:26
- Omari Akhmedov def. Zak Cummings via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Don Madge def. Fares Ziam via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)