UFC veterans Jim Miller and Clay Guida went toe-to-toe in the co-main event of UFC on ESPN 5 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Saturday, August 3. The fighters are two of the longest-tenured fighters in the UFC, but Saturday’s bout did not last long.
After Guida rocked Miller early in Round 1, Miller immediately bounced back and landed a heavy shot of his own.
Once Guida was rocked, he shot for a takedown. That’s when Miller was able to immediately latch on to Guida’s neck with a deep guillotine choke that ended the fight.
When referee Herb Dean separated the fighters, Guida was unconscious.
The official time of the stoppage was just 58 seconds into the opening frame.
Check out the finish below.
— UFC (@ufc) August 3, 2019
Miller’s finish of Guida was the fourth consecutive finish on the ESPN main card, following Nasrat Haqparast’s second-round knockout, Gerald Meerschaert’s third-round submission, and Scott Holtzman’s TKO via doctor’s stoppage over Dong Hyun Ma.
A full look at the results for UFC on ESPN 5 can be seen below.
UFC on ESPN 5 Results
- Jim Miller def. Clay Guida via technical submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:58
- Nasrat Haqparast def. Joaquim Silva via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:36
- Gerald Meerschaert def. Trevin Giles via technical submission (guillotine coke) – Round 3, 1:49
- Scott Holtzman def. Dong Hyun Ma via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Kennedy Nzechukwu def. Darko Stosic via unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 28-27)
- Mickey Gall def. Salim Touahri via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Antonina Shevchenko def. Lucie Pudilova via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:20
- Matt Schnell def. Jordan Espinosa via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:23
- Lauren Murphy def. Mara Romero Borella via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:46
- Claudio Silva def. Cole Williams via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:35
- Miranda Granger def. Hannah Goldy via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)