The Ultimate Fighting Championship returned to pay-per-view in a big way on Saturday, July 6, with UFC 239 featuring two title fights at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card also included two devastating knockouts leading up to the main and co-main events but none stuck out more than Jorge Masvidal’s five-second destruction of Ben Askren.
Masvidal immediately sprinted across the cage and connected with a flying knee that separated Askren from consciousness.
And just like that, after months of lead-up, Masvidal was having his hands raised and his name added to the UFC record books with the fastest knockout in the promotion’s history.
On Wednesday, July 10, the UFC dropped a sneak peek for its “UFC 239: The Thrill and the Agony” series that gives a behind-the-scenes look of fight night. In the video, we see the reactions of commentators Joe Rogan, Paul Felder, and Jon Anik following the record-setting knockout and more of the aftermath.
You can check out the video below:
A full look at the results from UFC 239 can be seen below.
UFC 239 Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Jon Jones def. Thiago Santos via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) for the light heavyweight title
- Amanda Nunes def. Holly Holm via TKO (head kick, punches) – Round 1, 4:10 for the women’s bantamweight title
- Jorge Masvidal def. Ben Askren via KO (flying knee) – Round 1, 0:05
- Jan Blachowicz def. Luke Rockhold via KO (punches) – Round 2, 1:39
- Michael Chiesa def. Diego Sanchez via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Arnold Allen def. Gilbert Melendez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marlon Vera def. Nohelin Hernandez via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:25
- Claudia Gadelha def. Randa Markos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Song Yadong def. Alejandro Perez via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:04
- Edmen Shahbazyan def. Jack Marshman via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:12
- Chance Rencountre def. Ismail Naurdiev via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Julia Avila def. Pannie Kianzad via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)