Conor McGregor‘s training partner Artem Lobov had an epic main event bout with fellow UFC veteran Jason Knight on Saturday, April 6 at Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 5. The event — which took place at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Mississippi — was the talk of social media after Lobov and Knight went back-and-forth for five rounds in one of the most entertaining fights you will see all year.
Lobov ultimately scored a unanimous decision victory.
After the dust settled from the event, McGregor took to social media to applaud his good friend on the epic show and the toughness he displayed.
“What an animal! Proud of you @RusHammerMMA! Amazing fight Paulie’s nice and quiet all of a sudden and that’s not like him,” McGregor wrote on Twitter. “We want a new contract for the @RusHammerMMA for this next bout! It has been earned and now deserved! What a great showing @Jasonthekid23. Big respect!”
With his win, Lobov has set up a headlining bout against former boxing champion Paulie Malignaggi on June 22, according to BKFC president David Feldman. Lobov and Malignaggi have a history, with the two getting involved in an altercation during the Bare Knuckle FC media days and Malignaggi’s past with McGregor during their brief time training together in the lead up to the Irishman’s boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather.
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 5 Results
- Artem Lobov def. Jason Knight via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-46).
- Chris Leben def. Justin Baesman via KO – Round 1, 0:25
- Christine Ferea def. Britain Hart via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) — Round 2, 1:09 (Ferea wins American women’s featherweight title)
- Chase Sherman vs. Sam Shewmaker, split draw (50-45, 47-48, 48-48)
- Reggie Barnett def. Rusty Crowder in a lightweight tournament semifinal via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-44, 50-44)
- Isaac Vallie-Flagg def. Randy Hederick via TKO — Round 3, 1:22
- Johnny Bedford def. Abdiel Velasquez in a lightweight tournament semifinal via KO —Round 4, 0:15
- Harris Stephenson def. Khalib Harris via split decision (50-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Sheena Starr def. Ivana Coleman via KO —Round 2, 0:37
- Bobo O’Bannon def. Troy Beets via TKO — Round 4