The Ultimate Fighting Championship closed out a chapter of its history on Saturday, December 15 with UFC on FOX 31 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which marked the final UFC event on FOX. The mixed martial arts promotion will be making the move to ESPN in 2019, so there was one more opportunity to make a statement.
UFC on FOX 31 did just that.
In the main event, top lightweight contenders Al Iaquinta and Kevin Lee battled it out for five rounds before the judges scored the bout in favor of Iaquinta, who now holds two wins over Lee. Iaquinta also earned a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus for his efforts in the headlining bout.
The co-main event was another lightweight scrap, with Edson Barboza putting on a master class and delivering a one-sided beatdown to Dan Hooker before earning a third-round knockout victory.
To relive the action, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has called on its high-definition, super slow-motion cameras to deliver the promotion’s one-of-a-kind “UFC on FOX 31: Fight Motion” highlights. The highlights give you a better idea of just how punishing and damaging the best strikes of the night were.
You can check out the full super slow-motion video highlights from “UFC on FOX 31: Fight Motion” below.
UFC on FOX 31 Fight Motion
We take a slow-motion look back at some of the most exciting moment from Fight Night Milwaukee this past weekend.
UFC on FOX 31 Results
- Al Iaquinta def. Kevin Lee via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
- Edson Barboza def. Dan Hooker via knockout (strikes) – Round 3, 2:19
- Rob Font def. Sergio Pettis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Charles Oliveira def. Jim Miller via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:15
- Zak Ottow def. Dwight Grant via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Drakkar Klose def. Bobby Green via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Joaquim Silva def. Jared Gordon via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 2:39
- Jack Hermansson def. Gerald Meerschaert via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 4:25
- Zak Cummings def. Trevor Smith via unanimous-decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dan Ige def. Jordan Griffin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mike Rodriguez def. Adam Milstead via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 2:59
- Juan Adams def. Chris De La Rocha via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 0:58