UFC 229 ended with some chaos when Khabib Nurmagomedov jumped into the crowd and attacked members of Conor McGregor‘s team after retaining his UFC lightweight championship at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. While Nurmagomedov was in the crowd engaged in a brawl, two other members of his team jumped into the cage and jumped McGregor.
Multiple videos from inside of the venue surfaced that show the actions of all of those involved, and there are already consequences.
According to UFC president Dana White, three members of Nurmagomedov’s team have been arrested for their part in the chaos. White made his comments during a post-event interview with Megan Olivi of FOX Sports.
“I don’t even know what to say right now. I’m disgusted and just sick over it,” White said before adding there would be “a lot of repercussions.”
At the post-fight press conference, White added that the three members of Khabib’s team have been released because McGregor refused to press charges. Two of the men who jumped in the cage are believed to be UFC fighters, who White says will never fight in the UFC again.
You can watch Dana White’s reaction to the melee below.
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) October 7, 2018
UFC 229 Results
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Conor McGregor via submission (rear-naked choke) Round 4, 3:03 – for the lightweight championship
- Tony Ferguson def. Anthony Pettis via TKO (corner stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Dominick Reyes def. Ovince Saint Preux via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Derrick Lewis def. Alexander Volkov via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 4:49
- Michelle Waterson def. Felice Herrig via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 30-27)
- Jussier Formiga def. Sergio Pettis via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vicente Luque def. Jalin Turner via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:52
- Aspen Ladd def. Tonya Evinger via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:26
- Scott Holtzman def. Alan Patrick via knockout (elbows) – Round 3, 3:42
- Yana Kunitskaya def. Lina Lansberg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nik Lentz def. Gray Maynard via TKO (kick, punches) – Round 2, 1:19
- Tony Martin def. Ryan LaFlare via TKO (kick, punches) – Round 3, 1:00