UFC 229 on Saturday, Oct. 6 featured a main event between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor for the UFC lightweight championship at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. There was plenty of intense build-up to the fight and bad blood between the two fighters, but no one could have been prepared for the mayhem that would break out after the fight was over.
In the fourth round of their title fight, Nurmagomedov secured a rear-naked submission victory to retain his belt. Then, all hell broke loose as Nurmagomedov jumped out of the cage.
Nurmagomedov instantly attacked McGregor teammate Dillon Danis, while two of Khabib’s teammates jumped in the cage and jumped McGregor. The insanity to cap off the night left a black mark on what was otherwise a thrilling and exciting event from start to finish.
If you missed out on UFC 229 on Saturday night, we have you covered.
The full fight highlights from the UFC 229 main event between Nurmagomedov and McGregor can be seen below.
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) October 7, 2018
UFC 229 Results
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Conor McGregor via submission (rear-naked choke) Round 4, 3:03 – for the lightweight championship
- Tony Ferguson def. Anthony Pettis via TKO (corner stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Dominick Reyes def. Ovince Saint Preux via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Derrick Lewis def. Alexander Volkov via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 4:49
- Michelle Waterson def. Felice Herrig via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 30-27)
- Jussier Formiga def. Sergio Pettis via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vicente Luque def. Jalin Turner via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:52
- Aspen Ladd def. Tonya Evinger via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:26
- Scott Holtzman def. Alan Patrick via knockout (elbows) – Round 3, 3:42
- Yana Kunitskaya def. Lina Lansberg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nik Lentz def. Gray Maynard via TKO (kick, punches) – Round 2, 1:19
- Tony Martin def. Ryan LaFlare via TKO (kick, punches) – Round 3, 1:00