UFC 228 took place in Dallas, Texas on Saturday, Sept. 8. The pay-per-view was one of the best events of the year and was filled with violent finishes, despite losing the co-main event which was a UFC women’s flyweight title fight between Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko at the last minute. In the main event, Tyron Woodley retained his UFC welterweight strap with an impressive outing against the previously unbeaten Darren Till.
One of the biggest highlights of the night came on the preliminary card from Geoff Neal, who connected with a devastating head-kick knockout of Frank Camacho.
Performance of the Night bonuses went to Woodley and Jessica Andrade, who scored a one-punch knockout on the main card, while Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilova was the Fight of the Night.
If you missed out on the action, you can now relive the best moments from the event in the always awesome “Fight Motion” highlight video.
You can check out the super slow motion highlights below.
UFC 227 Results
- Tyron def. Darren Till via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 4:19 – to defend welterweight title
- Jessica Andrade def. Karolina Kowalkiewicz via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:58
- Zabit Magomedsharipov def. Brandon Davis via submission (kneebar) – Round 2, 3:46
- Jimmie Rivera def. John Dodson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Abdul Razak Alhassan def. Niko Price via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:43
- Tatiana Suarez def. Carla Esparza via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 4:33
- Aljamain Sterling def. Cody Stamann via submission (kneebar) – Round 2, 3:42
- Geoff Neal def. Frank Camacho via knockout (high kick) – Round 2, 1:23
- Darren Stewart def. Charles Byrd via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:17
- Diego Sanchez def. Craig White via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jim Miller def. Alex White via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:29
- Irene Aldana def. Lucie Pudilova via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jarred Brooks def. Roberto Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)