TJ Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt delivered in a big way to cap off a thrilling night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif. on Saturday night for UFC 227. The rematch between the heated rivals and former teammates lasted just over four minutes but was packed full of action from beginning to end.
When it was all said and done, it was the UFC bantamweight Dillashaw who was able to retain his title after clipping Garbrandt with a heavy shot that left him rocked before piling on a vicious flurry of strikes against the cage that forced referee Herb Dean to step in and save the day.
The fight-ending sequence was started by a mistake from Garbrandt similar to the rivals’ first bout when he carelessly came rushing in after rocking Dillashaw early. Dillashaw capitalized and the rest was history.
If you missed out on Saturday night’s historic fight, we have you covered.
The video highlights from Dillashaw vs. Cejudo 2 can be seen below, alow with the full results from UFC 227.
TJ Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt 2 Fight Highlights
[protected-iframe id=”61616da7d423ebfa93f78eebb1f46d72-3508545-6515840″ info=”https://b.fssta.com/video-embed?videourl=https%3A%2F%2Flink.theplatform.com%2Fs%2FBKQ29B%2FpKqqM81_DoI6%3Fmbr%3Dtrue%26assetTypes%3DVideo%26feed%3DFox%2520Sports%2520All&autoplay=true&endcard_feed=https://feed.theplatform.com/f/BKQ29B/foxsports-all?byCustomValue=primaryufc&sort=pubDate|desc&q=-contentType:vr360&endcard_autoadvance=true&share=true&siteSection=www.foxsports.com/ufc/video&category=ufc” width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]
UFC 227 Results
- TJ Dillashaw def. Cody Garbrandt via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:10 to retain bantamweight title
- Henry Cejudo def. Demetrious Johnson via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) to retain flyweight title
- Renato Moicano def. Cub Swanson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:15
- J.J. Aldrich def. Polyana Viana via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Thiago “Marreta” Santos def. Kevin Holland via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-26)
- Pedro Munhoz def. Brett Johns via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-27)
- Ricky Simon def. Montel Jackson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Ricardo Ramos def. Kyung Ho Kang via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sheymon Moraes def. Matt Sayles via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alex Perez def. Jose Torres via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:36
- Weili Zhang def. Danielle Taylor via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marlon Vera def. Wuliji Buren via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:53