“The Ultimate Fighter 27,” also known as “The Ultimate Fighter: Undefeated,” is set to premiere Wednesday, April 18 on FOX Sports 1 with Daniel Cormier, the UFC light heavyweight champion, and heavyweight title holder Stipe Miocic serving as head coaches of the latest season of the UFC’s long-running reality series. TUF 27’s cast is made up of undefeated fighters in the lightweight and featherweight divisions.
The season will come to an end on July 6, 2018, at the Pearl Theatre of the Palms Casino Resort in Paradise, Nevada, when the champion in each weight class is crowned.
Miocic and Cormier will then face off in a heavyweight title fight at UFC 226 on July 7, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada as part of the promotion’s International Fight Week.
Daniel Cormier Daniel Cormier’s coaching staff will include fellow UFC fighter and former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, and a handful of his trainers at American Kickboxing Academy including head coaches Bob Cook and Javier Mendez, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu master Leandro Vieira, two-time NJCAA national champion wrestler Deron Winn.
When the show premieres, the two coaches will put all 16 cast members through a vigorous workout before making their team picks. There will be a coin toss to determine who gets to pick the first fighter and who gets to pick the first fight.
The full cast for “The Ultimate Fighter: Undefeated” can be seen below:
- Tyler Diamond (featherweight)
- Bryce Mitchell (featherweight)
- Richie Smullen (lightweight)
- Luis Pena (lightweight)
- Joe Giannetti (lightweight)
- Brad Katona (featherweight)
- Thailand Clark (lightweight)
- Ricky Steele (featherweight)
- Kyler Phillips (featherweight)
- Suman Mokhtarian (featherweight)
- Mike Trizano (lightweight)
- John Gunther (lightweight)
- Jose Martinez Jr. (lightweight)
- Jay Cucciniello (featherweight)
- Allan Zuniga (lightweight)
- Dulani Perry (featherweight)