Alyse Anderson made sure to get fans at the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Missouri on their feet early on at Invicta FC 30. In the second bout of the night on Saturday, July 21, Anderson was facing Stephanie Alba when she produced a highlight reel finish.
In the second round against Alba, Anderson went airborne and latched onto a triangle.
Seconds later, Alba collapsed to the mat and the referee was forced to step in and stop the fight after she fell unconscious due to the flying triangle choke.
You can check out video of the big win below:
— UFC FIGHT PASS (@UFCFightPass) July 22, 2018
Anderson, who holds a professional record of 4-1, needed the big win after suffering a split-decision loss to Shino VanHoose in her last bout at Invicta FC 25. Prior to that, she held two TKO victories — over Tushara Veerella and Chrissie Daniels — and a unanimous decision win over Rachel Sazoff. As an amateur, she compiled a record of 6-0 before turning pro.
The full results for Invicta FC 30 can be seen below.
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Minna Grusander – for vacant atomweight title
- Helena Kolesnyk vs. Felicia Spencer
- Heather Jo Clark vs. Kinberly Novaes
- Miranda Maverick vs. Brogan Walker-Sanchez
- Stephanie Geltmacher vs. Kerri Kenneson
- Jillian DeCoursey vs. Alesha Zappitella
- Alyse Anderson def. Stephanie Alba via technical submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:12
- Erin Blanchfield def. Brittney Cloudy via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) – Round 3, 5:00