If you are a fan of Fortnite, you will be thrilled to know that season 5 was launched on Thursday, July 12. The season 5 patch includes new unlockables, challenges, and even some added modes which allow you to play golf or basketball with friends. Because who doesn’t want to enjoy some competitive sports after a Battle Royale.
The Season 5 Battle Pass can be purchased in the Fortnite in-game store for 950 V-Bucks ($9.50) and will run through September 25.
All of the details from the Fortnite season 5 update can be seen below.
Fornite Map Update
Fortnite Season 5 Patch Updates
- All Terrain Kart (ATK)
- The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad.
- Get a speed boost after drifting.
- The roof acts as a bounce pad.
- Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump.
- Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.
- Map Updated
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island.
- Minimap Updated
- The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location.
- Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive challenges at your own pace.
- Progressive challenges are now completed by acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season level.
- Gyro/motion controls have been added to the Nintendo Switch. Adjust these options in the Settings menu.
- Weekly challenges are now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4.
- Down But Not Out players now have smaller collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building collision in some cases.
- Players that were crouching when knocked Down But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival.
- Emoting will now interrupt sprinting.
- You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).
- Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
- The player camera can now see out of the water when walking in lakes.
Fornite Season 5 Missions + Systems
- Challenge the Horde is back!
- Challenge the Horde comes to the desert! This map focuses on a tighter experience, with less running from base to base between waves, and more time to focus on your build and item-crafting.
- Challenge the Horde introduces new Storm behavior. Beat back waves of enemies as the storm closes in.
- Players take damage while in the Storm.
- Storm resets every wave.
- Challenge the Horde missions now become unlocked based upon your Storm Shield Defense progression or your Horde Quest progression in the Campaign. This means that players who are currently playing in Twine Peaks can expect the entire Challenge the Horde map to be unlocked. However, individual challenges within a Horde mission must still be unlocked in order.
- Reduced the total number of Challenge the Horde missions available on the map from 16 to 9.
- Set the total number of challenges to 5 for every Horde mission. Previously, the number of challenges varied from as low as 3, to as high as 8.
- Reduced the number of waves per Horde challenge from 10 to 8.
- Reduced the maximum time of a wave from 6 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Enemy loot drops and item caches have been disabled for Challenge the Horde.
- Challenge the Horde resourcing has been tweaked:
- Challenge the Horde missions now grant a starter, first tier, uncommon Assault Rifle and Sword to help players hit the ground running in early Horde missions.
- The initial ammunition grant has been increased to match the increased difficulty of the first Horde mission.
- Building materials, ammunition, and crafting materials granted to players per skill tree upgrade have been reduced throughout the Horde Skill Tree.
- Challenge the Horde Mission Alerts are available:
- Award Road Trip Tickets used to purchase Road Trip Event Llamas.
- Award Horde Skill Points used to purchase nodes in the Horde Skill Tree.
- Quota: 10 per day.
- Horde Progression quests appear under the Event: Road Trip quest journal category and award the following:
- Road Trip Tickets.
- PERK currencies.
- A choice of Epic and Legendary Wild West Heroes.
- Horde Exclusive Banners.
- Repeatable quests for completing Horde content award a choice of Hero XP, Schematic XP, or Survivor XP.
- Perk Recombobulator materials are now distributed in Challenge the Horde. Play Horde missions to earn RE-PERK! or PERK-UP! in larger quantities than found in Campaign missions.
- Active Mutant Storm Mission Alerts have been turned on.
- Elemental Mission Alerts are available as well.
- Road Trip Event Llama is now available. Costs 500 Road Trip Tickets per Llama. Guarantees at least one Epic or better limited time Flintlock weapon or Western Hero!
- Increased the following Mission Alert rewards:
- FIRE-UP, AMP-UP, FROST-UP: Increased by 100%.
- RE-PERK: Increased by 50%.
- PERK-UP: Increased by 30-33%.
- Enabled RE-PERK and PERK-UP to drop in Storm Mission rewards.
The full list of updates and bug fixes for the season 5 can be seen on Epic Games.