Jose Aldo will try to defeat, current Feather Weight Champion, Max Holloway, for the 2nd time in UFC 218. This rematch will be their 2nd title fight, Holloway defeated Aldo in UFC 212 to become the Featherweight Champion on June 3, 2017. Holloway won via TKO with 47 seconds remaining in the 3rd round. So this fight is all about redemption for the 31 year old Aldo. Aldo has a 26-3 lifetime record and is known for his superior striking ability. He will look to keep this fight off the mat and away from ‘ strengths. Max Holloway (18-3) enters as the reigning Featherweight Champ and the winner of his last 11 fights 6 of those coming via the knock out. His last lost coming on August 17th 2013 to none other than Connor McGregor. Holloway vs Aldo 1 was an amazing spectacle and I can not wait to see these two superstars square off again!
But don’t lose sight of all the other great fights on this card top ranked contenders will be featured up and down this card. Most notably names like Overeem, Gaethje, Alvarez and more!
UFC 218: Fight Time & Viewing Details
Event: UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2017
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Venue: Little Caesars Arena
Pay-Per-View Card Time: 10:00 P.M. EST
Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass, FX, PPV, BT Sports (UK)
UFC 218 Fight Card
- Max Holloway (c) vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem vs. Francis Ngannou
- Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje
- Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson
- Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder
- Alex Oliveira vs Yancy Medeiros
- David Teymur vs. Drakkar Klose
- Felice Herrig vs. Courtney Casey
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Sabah Homasi vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes
- Justin Willis vs. Allen Crowder
- Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magana
UFC 218 Betting Odds
Max Holloway is currently favored to retain his Featherweight Title against Jose Aldo. Despite being a dramatic underdog I wouldn’t count out a scrappy vet looking for revenge.
The current odds are Holloway -270 and Aldo +230.