Leigh Corfman, who came out with accusations earlier this month that Roy Moore sexually abused when she was a 14-year-old girl, said on Monday to TODAY that she “didn’t deserve to have a 32-year-old man prey upon” her.
Corfman told The Washington Post that Moore molested her when she was 14 and he was in his 30s, however, Moore claimed that he didn’t know her. Speaking to TODAY, Corfman said “I wonder how many me’s he doesn’t know.”
In her first-ever television interview, Corfman, now 53, detailed her two alleged dates with Moore, who she claims approached her in 1979 outside a courtroom during a child custody hearing between her parents.
“I met him around the corner from my house. My mother did not know. And he took me to his home,” Corfman said.
Furthermore, Corfman said Moore “laid out some blankets on the floor of his living room and proceeded to seduce” her, touching her inappropriately and eventually trying to get her to touch him.
Other than Corfman, at least eight other women have made accusations against Moore. Moore has denied all of the allegations, claiming they were the product of his political opponents and the media.
While speaking in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday, November 17, Moore said of the allegations against him: “They’re not only untrue, but they have no evidence to support them.”
Corfam has insisted that this has nothing to do with politics, saying she has voted Republican for “years and years and years”.
President Trump has yet to comment on Moore’s alleged sexual assaults, however, has since responded to LaVar Ball, the outspoken father of Liangelo, Lamelo, and Lonzo Ball. It’s been reported that President Donald Trump was not campaigning for Moore ahead of the December 12 runoff election because he had “discomfort” with the allegations of sexual misconduct made by nine different women.