If you haven’t noticed, Hollywood loves to revive old properties. (As if giving aging stars a facelift wasn’t enough, now they’re going after our nostalgic childhoods). This practice isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s becoming more and more prevalent on the small screen. Better Call Saul, Twin Peaks, Gilmore Girls, Fear the Walking Dead, Fuller House, The X-Files, etc. Everything is a spinoff or a continuation these days.
The latest series to get the revival treatment is FOX’s Prison Break, with Prison Break: Sequel debuting tonight at 9:00 P.M. ET with “Ogygia.” While Prison Break debuted to critical acclaim and strong ratings back in 2005, the show fell off in later seasons and wrapped up completely in 2009 with Wentworth Miller’s Michael Scofield being killed off. Of course, the revival will provide some nifty explanation as to why that was all a fake out.
Will the new (old?) show be able to capture the magic of the original or will it feel stale and recycled? That remains to be seen. But if you’re interested, here is the complete list of the main and recurring cast.
- Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield
- Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows
- Sarah Wayne Callies as Sara Tancredi-Scofield
- Amaury Nolasco as Fernando Sucre
- Robert Knepper as Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell
- Rockmond Dunbar as Benhamin Miles “C-Note” Franklin
- Paul Adelstein as Paul Kellerman
- Mark Feuerstein as Jacob Anton Ness
- Inbar Lavi as Sheba
- Augustus Prew as Whip
- Rick Yune as Ja
- Marina Benedict as A&W
- Steve Mouzakis as Van Gogh
- Amin El Gamal as Cyclops
- Kunal Sharma as Sid
- Faran Tahir as Jamil
- Christian Michael Cooper as Mike Scofield