Dr. Dre’s Compton: A Soundtrack released on streaming exclusively for Apple Music, so check out the full Compton album here. It’s his first full album since his last effort, The Chronic: 2001, and is what Dr. Dre described as “a grand finale.” He will not be releasing Detox, an album that he scrapped because he wasn’t happy with it.
People without iTunes or Apple Music will need to wait for the CD version of Compton: A Soundtrack, releasing on August 21st. We’ll be adding a link or legal stream when it becomes available.
Dre says that the album is inspired by the upcoming movie Straight Outta Compton, the anticipated biopic about NWA.
Recently Dre revealed that all the proceeds from Compton: A Soundtrack will go towards the funding of a new performing arts and entertainment facility in Compton. It’s not like the man who’s estimated to be worth $700 million needs the money, right?
Out of the 16 tracks, Dr. Dre produced 14 of the songs. John Connor and The Game did the other two.
Dr. Dre Compton Tracklist
2. ‘Talk About It’ [feat. King Mez and Justus]
3. ‘Genocide’ [feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius and Candice Pillay]
4. ‘It’s All on Me’ [feat. Justus and BJ The Chicago Kid]
5. ‘All in a Day’s Work’ [feat. Anderson Paak and Marsha Ambrosius]
6. ‘Darkside/Gone’ [feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius and Kendrick Lamar]
7. ‘Loose Cannons’ [feat. Xzibit and COLD 187um]
8. ‘Issues’ [feat. Ice Cube and Anderson Paak]
9. ‘Deep Water’ [feat. Kendrick Lamar and Justus]
10. ‘One Shot One Kill’ [feat. Snoop Dogg]
11. ‘Just Another Day’ [feat. Asia Bryant]
12. ‘For the Love of Money’ [feat. Jill Scott and Jon Connor]
13. ‘Satisfaction’ [feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius and King Mez]
14. ‘Animals’ [feat. Anderson Paak]
15. ‘Medicine Mane’ [feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay and Anderson Paak]
16. ‘Talking to My Diary’