It’s Monday, November 11, and while we are preparing to take on a new week, it is Veterans Day 2019 so we must also take some time to thank our military veterans. Veterans Day is one of the ten federal holidays in the United States and our second in less than one month. Thanksgiving will be the next federal holiday in just 17 days on Thursday, November 28.
But what does that mean for some of our everyday activities like heading to the store or dropping off mail at the post office?
On federal holidays, a number of services are closed — like banks and most government offices — there will also be parades across the country celebrating our veterans. Depending on where you are, there is a chance that Veterans Day could mean school is closed down for the day. And then, there are the mail services.
With Veterans Day being a federal holiday, will there be mail service? Here is what we know.
Is There Mail Delivered on Veterans Day?
No, the United States Postal Service will not deliver mail on Veterans Day.
However, FedEx does provide normal delivery and pick-up services on this date. So, you won’t get anything from your mailperson, but you can still get a package delivered to your doorstep from your FedEx driver on Veterans Day. Major props to FedEx.
What Are the Other Federal Holidays?
Here’s a list of all the federal holidays, where you can expect no mail in your mailbox…
- Tuesday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 21 – Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Monday, February 18 – Washington’s Birthday
- Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 – Labor Day
- Monday, October 14 – Columbus Day
- Monday, November 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 28 – Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, December 25 – Christmas Day