Pax West is one of the important gaming conventions that happen each year. However, Pax is a bit different from the other big gaming conventions like E3, Gamescom, and Tokyo Game Show. While there are tons of debuts, world premieres, and other news announcements that happen at each Pax event, Pax is essentially a convention specifically geared towards the gaming community. It’s an event for gamers to come together and celebrate the world of gaming, no matter what personal preference is. Pax covers topics from indie games, triple-A titles, tournaments, community events, and a whole slue of other events; this makes it a perfect place to expand your gaming network (in terms of business opportunity, creative opportunity, or just friendship). Though, like the other conventions, Pax is teeming with information that not everyone can find. So here’s all of the information for the upcoming event.
When & Where:
- Pax West will be taking place in Seattle, Washington at the Washington State Convention Center, located in downtown Seattle.
- Pax West will begin August 30th (Thursday) and will run through September 2nd (Monday).
- The convention is only a few days away, beginning next week.
What to Expect:
Pax West has a plethora of events to keep attendees entertained and engaged at the convention. So, don’t worry, if one thing is not your cup of tea, then we are sure that you can find some other event that surely will be.
- Exhibit Hall
- Featuring exhibits from most of the big names in the industry and their triple A titles to the indie developers who are changing all of the mechanics we are used to. Go and check them all out.
- Panels are where you will learn all of the details for games or other topics that you are looking forward to.
- Pax West will host many eSports and community tournaments ranging from Racers, Fighters, M.O.B.As, and much more.
- Freeplay Areas
- Tabletop Freeplay, Console Freeplay, and VR Freeplay areas are readily available for all to enjoy and just hang around in with friends.
- Lounge Areas
- Diversity Lounge, and Handheld Lounge areas are where attendees can take breaks and simply relax after walking around for hours on the exhibit hall.
Pax West has a bunch of other areas and events that attendees can check out with more information about this schedule on the official website.
On the official Pax West website under the “News” tab, you can find a list of all the gaming, tabletop, and other exhibitors that will be at this year’s event. Be warned, the list is extremely extensive; though, it is pleasing to see the amount developers and other companies attending the convention. We’ve decided to give you a hint of the list/companies that will be attending, naming a few of the major names.
- 505 Games
- Bandai Namco
- Dark Horse Comics
- Devolver Digital
- NIS America
- Ska Studios
- XSEED Games / Marvelous USA
- And many more
Just remember to check out the official list, linked above.
So there you have it. All of the major details and information that attendees and viewers can expect from this year’s event. Any trailers, debuts, tournaments, etc. can be viewed on YouTube after the event or on Twitch through live-stream.