We are firmly in the second half of 2019 and Forbes has released its annual “World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities” list which features the top 100 highest-paid athletes, entertainers, personalities and more.
To earn a spot on the top 100 list, the celebrities had to earn at least $37.5 million throughout the past year.
The top 10 on the list featured four musicians, four athletes, a television personality and a reality star turned makeup mogul. It was none other than Taylor Swift who landed the top spot with a whopping $185 million. Swift’s “Reputation” Stadium Tour grossed $266.1 million which was the highest-grossing tour in United States history.
Her first single since moving from Big Machine Records to Universal’s Republic Records, “ME!” debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was heard a record-breaking 100 million times on Vevo in 79 hours.
Kylie Jenner, the youngest billionaire in history, earned the No. 2 spot with $170 million with a large portion of her earnings coming from her Kylie Cosmetics makeup line.
While the two highest-paid celebrities were women, author J.K. Rowling was the only other woman to crack the top 20.
So who are the highest-paid celebrities in the world?
A look at the top 15 highest-paid celebrities can be seen below, via Forbes.com.
Top 15 Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- Taylor Swift – $185 million
- Kylie Jenner $170 million
- Kanye West – $150 million
- Lionel Messi – $127 million
- Ed Sheeran $110 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo – $109 million
- Neymar – $105 million
- The Eagles – $100 million
- Dr. Phil McGraw – $95 million
- Canelo Alvarez – $94 million
- Roger Federer – $93.4 million
- Howard Stern – $93 million
- J.K. Rowling – $92 million
- Russell Wilson – $89.5 million
- Dwayne Johnson – $89.4 million
For a full list of the top 100 highest-paid celebrities in the world can be seen by clicking here.