Triple Crown season is finally here, with the 2019 Kentucky Derby set to take place at Churchill Downs on Saturday, May 4. The draw took place on Tuesday, April 30, with early betting favorite Omaha Beach getting the No. 12 post position.
Other favorites Game Winner (5-1) drew No. 16, Roadster (6-1) is in the No. 17 spot, and Improbable (6-1) is sitting at No. 5.
The Kentucky Derby post positions are down via a traditional “pill pull” where each horse’s name is pulled simultaneously with a number that determines which post position they will begin the race from.
Here are the post positions and early betting odds for Saturday’s race:
— NBCSN (@NBCSN) April 30, 2019
Horse (Trainer/Jockey) Odds
- War of Will (Mark Casse/Tyler Gaffalione) 20/1
- Tax (Danny Gargen/Junior Alvarado) 20/1
- By My Standards (W. Bret Calhoun/Gabriel Saez) 20/1
- Gray Magician (Peter Miller/Drayden Van Dyke) 50/1
- Improbable (Bob Baffert/Irad Ortiz Jr.) 6/1
- Vekoma (George Weaver/Javier Castellano) 20/1
- Maximum Security (Jason Servis/Luis Saez) 10/1
- Tacitus (William Mott/Jose Ortiz) 10/1
- Plus Que Parfait (Brendan Walsh/Ricardo Santana Jr.) 30/1
- Cutting Humor (Todd Pletcher/Corey Lanerie) 30/1
- Haikal (Kiaran McLaughlin/Rajiv Maragh) 30/1
- Omaha Beach (Richard Mandella/Mike Smith) 4/1
- Code of Honor (Claude McGaughey III/John Velasquez) 15/1
- Win Win Win (Michael Trombetta/Julian Pimentel) 15/1
- Master Fencer (Koichi Tsunoda/Julien Leparoux) 50/1
- Game Winner (Bob Baffert/Joel Rosario) 5/1
- Roadster (Bob Baffert/Florent Geroux) 6/1
- Long Range Toddy (Steve Asmussen/Jon Court) 30/1
- Spinoff (Todd Pletcher/Manny Franco) 30/1
- Country House (William Mott/Flavien Prat) 30/1
All of the information you need for the 2019 Kentucky Derby can be seen below.
2019 Kentucky Derby viewing details
Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019
Start Time: 6:50 P.M. ET
TV Channel: NBC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
How To Live Stream Kentucky Derby Online:
There are a few different options provided for live streaming the Kentucky Derby. The best option is to watch via NBC Live app or at NBCSports.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Live app is available on iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. You will need your service provider login and password for access.
If you do not have access through a cable provider, don’t worry, there is still hope. TwinspiresTV offers free online coverage of the race. Also, if you are a betting man, you can place wagers and watch the derby live all at once.
Another popular option is DirecTV Now. This option will require you to sign up for a 7-day free trial. The trick here is to make sure you cancel the subscription before the free trial ends or you will be on the hook for the full subscription. Who knows maybe you’ll like it enough to become a full-time DirectTV viewer. Download the DirecTV app from the iTunes App store or Google Play store.
Sling TV provides a 7-day free trial as well. Although, make sure you check whether NBC is offered in your area, as it’s only available in select markets. Use the Sling app for mobile viewing.
All the options mentioned above are available via phone, tablet, or mobile device, except for TwinspiresTV.