The University of Colorado Boulder’s School of Education has decided on October 18, 2018, to offer guaranteed admissions to any high school student who wants to be teachers or community leaders.
In a new agreement between two high school programs and the University, this program is secured in order to help combat the shortage of teachers in rural areas and especially among teachers of colors according to recent reports from Colorado Department of Higher Education.
More information on this can be found here.
But in order to qualify for this guaranteed admission, there are requirements that need to be fulfilled. The student must be enrolled in either the Teacher Cadet or Pathways2Teaching programs all while holding academic excellence.
To qualify, students must also meet both the Colorado Commission on Higher Education’s admissions requirements and the university’s minimum academic preparation standard curriculum, maintaining a B- or higher in Teacher Cadet or Pathways2Teaching courses and have a weighted high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Also, students will have to earn an ACT composite score of 22 or higher or SAT score of 1110 or higher.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete the CU Boulder application process by Jan. 15
But these programs are not just limited to one high school. This program was created in consideration to the many districts in Colorado.
Some of the districts are:
- Academy School District 20
- Adams 14
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boulder Valley School District
- Cañon City School District
- Cherry Creek School District
- Colorado Springs School District 11
- Denver Public Schools
- District 49
- Douglas County School District
- Elizabeth School District
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
- Haxtun RE-2J School District
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Lamar Re-2 School District
- Littleton Public Schools
- Morgan County School District Re-3
- Poudre School District
- School District 27J
- Weld County School District 6
- Weld RE-4 School District
- Widefield School District 3