In case you forgot, June 14, 2018, is National Bourbon Day! What better way to celebrate than with a freshly made cocktail to unwind after a long day. Check out these top 5 bourbon-based recipes that are easy to make and even easier going down!
- 1 teaspoon sugar, dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- 8 to 10 leaves of fresh mint
- Crushed ice
- 2 to 3 ounces of bourbon
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Add mint leaves and gently bruise with a wooden muddler or a wooden spoon. Take care not to overwork the mint, but swab the sides of the glass with the mint’s aromatic oils.
Half-fill glass with crushed ice and add bourbon, stirring to combine.
Fill glass completely with crushed ice and stir until outside of glass frosts. Add more crushed ice if needed to fill and generously adorn drink with sprigs of fresh mint.
Serve with a short straw, so that the fragrance of the mint bouquet will greet the drinker with each sip.
Sparkling Bourbon Pear Cocktail
For the Roasted Pear Puree:
- 2 bartlett pears, cored and sliced into eighths
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh juice, from two lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Bourbon Pear Mixer:
- 1 cup roasted pear puree
- 2 cups Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
For each cocktail:
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Pear Mixer
- 3 tablespoons chilled sparkling wine (from 1 bottle)
- Additional ground cloves for garnish
- For the Roasted Pear Puree: Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange the pear slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until the underside of each slice begins to caramelize, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Add to blender with lemon juice and ground clove and purée until very smooth, or purée in a bowl with an immersion blender.
- For the Bourbon Pear Mixer: In a pitcher or quart jar, stir together pear puree, bourbon, and maple syrup. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 4 hours. Stir before serving.
- For each cocktail: Fill each glass with ice, add the bourbon pear mixer and top with sparkling wine. Stir once and sprinkle with ground clove to serve.
Bourbon Peach Tea
- 8 cups water
- 4-6 family size tea bags
Peach Simple Syrup
- 2 to 3 peaches, peeled, diced, and pureed in a food processor
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 8-16 ounces bourbon, depending on how strong you want each drink
- Garnish – peach slices and mint leaves
- Prepare tea. Boil 8 cups water in a pan on the stove. Remove pan from heat and place tea bags in water. Allow to steep 5 minutes. Discard bags after 5 minutes and refrigerate tea to cool.
- Prepare simple syrup. Boil 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup water, and pureed peaches in a small pan on the stove for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Make cocktail. Fill glass 1/4 full with peach simple syrup, 1/4 full with bourbon, add ice and tea to fill the glass. Stir. Enjoy.
The Belmont Bramble
- 2 1/2 ounces Marker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky
- 2 ounces fresh blackberry puree recipe below
- 5 ounces lemonade
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 6 blackberries for garnish
- 2 small basil leaves for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Pour in the Marker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky, blackberry puree, lemonade, and add the basil. Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds until the shaker to very cold.
Remove the cover from the shaker and strain the cocktail into 2 rocks glasses filled with ice. If needed, pour a little more lemonade on top to fill each glass.
Add 2 blackberries to the cocktail and place the third blackberry on the rim of the glass with a basil leaf next to it.
6 ounces fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon sugar
Add the blackberries and sugar to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
Pour the puree into a fine mesh sieve and use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to press the puree through the sieve. This will remove all of the solids and leave with a gorgeous, smooth puree.
Makes about 1/2 cup
Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine, like a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- cinnamon sticks
- 1 can Peach Pear La Croix (club soda will work too)
- Combine wine, cider, bourbon, apples, cranberries and cinnamon sticks in a pitcher.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Immediately prior to serving, add La Croix and stir to combine.
- Serve in wine glasses.
Grab a drink and enjoy!