For the second straight year — and three out of the last four — the Golden State Warriors will be the NBA Champions.
In fact, the Warriors have been so good and so dominant for so long that one could easily forget what the world was like before their epic dynasty (aka before Kevin Durant ruined basketball, but I digress)
“But it was only four years ago!”, you may say, “how could the world possibly be that different?!”. Well, let’s take a look back to 2014, shall we?
The last time the Golden State Warriors weren’t in the NBA Finals…
– The Supreme Court had yet to legalize same-sex marriage.
– The iPhone 6 was the newest iPhone.
– Speaking of Apple, CEO Tim Cook came out as a gay man.
– Aaron Hernandez was awaiting his murder trial.
– The Seahawks WHOOPED the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
– Kim Kardashian & Kanye West just got married.
– Caitlyn Jenner was still Bruce Jenner.
– American Sniper was the highest-grossing movie of the year.
– The Fappening happened.
– The Ferguson Riots took place.
– The world had just been introduced to the Guardians of the Galaxy.
– The Ebola outbreak began in Africa.
– The United States Men’s National Team was actually preparing to play in the World Cup.
– Robin Williams committed suicide.
– Apple acquired Beats for $3 billion.
– Draymond Green was just a young, viral sensation: