According to a call made to 911, rapper Rick Ross,42, has been transported to the hospital after reportedly being found unresponsive in his Florida home. The call, which was first reported on The Blast, Ross was said to have been “unresponsive,” “breathing heavy” and “slobbing out the mouth” before being taken to a nearby hospital.
The influential rapper has been plagued by seizures throughout his life and has been reported they used to happen two to six hours apart. Following the health scares, Ross decided to make a change in his eating appetites to help keep him around longer. The changes in his diet and increased exercise helped him lose over 75 lbs.
TMZ, who initially broke the story, has said the call came into 911 dispatch at 3:30AM early Thursday morning. When first responders arrived on the scene, it was reported that Ross became attentive and combative against responders. Later on that day, TMZ then reported that Ross is now hooked up to an ECMO, an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine which is a form of life support used to treat blood with oxygen. With this being reported, it still remains unclear what exactly happened to Ross but signs are pointing to a possible heart attack.
Ross’ family has denied these claims and the claims that the Floridian rapper is even in the hospital, although Police Enforcement has confirmed the call and the person’s history with seizures, a semi-confirmation that it is indeed Ross.
Rick Ross has been a huge influence on the hip-hop world since his first album, Port of Miami, which released on his own label, Maybach Music Group, back in 2006. Since then he has released eight more albums and even has one in the works for 2018 called Port of Miami 2: Born to Kill, a sequel album to the album that helped him become a star.
While we wait to hear any more news about Rick Ross and his condition, we’ll continue to keep him in our thoughts and hope for a full recovery.