After almost 9 months of release and over 20 million copies sold of the Battle Royale game, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), developer Bluehole has been teasing the future of the smash hit game with the upcoming console release (exclusively on Xbox One) and with a new map for players to wreak havoc on!
Since the release of the game’s Early Access period back in March 2017, players have been winning their “chicken dinners” on the lone island of Erangel. Set in the middle of the ocean, this massive island played home to the chaotic and frantic gameplay that has made PUBG a worldwide phenomenon. Now, after months of breaking records and slight teases of what is in store for players; Bluehole has finally pulled the lid back on the second map, Miramar.
Bluehole made the announcement on PUBG’s steam page and has shared a few screenshots of the map’s beautiful and barren Desert landscape! Trading in the lush and expansive Island of Erangel, Miramar is the complete opposite of its predecessor with huge spaces of barren Deserts and dense urban locales. Debuting in the game when the game hits its first final version on December 12th along with the Xbox One release.
Check out the map, screenshots and more information for Miramar below:
PUBG ‘Miramar’ Screenshots & Map:
On December 6th, 2017, developer Bluehole uploaded and shared brand new screenshots showing off the second map for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, Miramar. The highly anticipated map is set in a vast and barren Desert that includes eight big and dense urban zones to help get the fight going.
Compared to the giant hills and sprawling fields of the island of Erangel, the locale of Miramar looks to shake things up and create new ways to play the global phenomenon. In order to do this, the developers have created eight distinct new regions for the map and each have their own distinct qualities. Bluehole describes the eight zones as:
- The largest city in the region, Los Leones features ample shopping, a skyline filled with new construction, and a glorious, golden-hued City Center. Players should secure high vantage points by exploring the numerous construction sites, and loot for gear in the cavernous, abandoned commercial buildings.
- El Pozo is a city known for its large industrial and entertainment districts. Players can test themselves against all comers in the Luchador Arena, put their motorcycle skills to the test In the death bowl, or hunt in the ruins of the long dead textile factories.
- Monte Nuevo is the picture of a town besieged. Ramshackle walls built to protect its residents now allow players ample cover to explore the well-stocked compound.
Valle del Mar
- Valle del Mar is a colorful oceanside town bisected by the De Toro bridge. To the West of the bridge is a quaint school, and to the East, a beautiful church. The key to holding this town is bridge control, as it’s the only direct route between mainland and the island.
- The shipping and transport capitol of Miramar, La Cobrería’s most prominent feature is it’s enormous Rail Yard. Here, players will hunt and be hunted among the half-buried cargo of a long dead industry. Careful players should loot the schools and campuses that dot this town before attempting to hold the Yard.
- San Martín is located just west of Hacienda Del Patrón. Checkpoints and barriers have transformed this once-quiet small town into a war zone. Both sides of the town have overlooks, so careful players should scout first, before charging into town.
- Once a tourist destination featuring the largest casino in the region, Pecado continues to thrill players to this day with its mix of high-value loot and dangerous sightlines. Aggressive players will immediately loot the Arena and Casino, but savvy players should check out the 4 story hotels between them.
- Chumacera is the husk of Miramar’s once thriving textile industry. Long abandoned factories overlook a main road lined with residential and commercial buildings. Verticality in both the buildings and terrain make this town an exciting location to loot- high risk, high opportunity!
PUBG ‘Miramar’ Release Date:
What: PUBG ‘Miramar’ Map
Release Date: December 12th, 2017
Bluehole made the announcement that Miramar will be available when the game has its 1.0 launch! The update will be hitting PC players on December 12th when the game will also be available for the Xbox One. The Xbox One edition will download the new map in its Day One Patch!
Fans who want to see the map in action can tune into The Game Awards on December 7th, 2017 to see the first trailer for Miramar!