Welcome to the CrossFit Games! The finest athletes from around the world will compete for a purse worth $2.4 million in prizes. Only the very best will walk away as champions, while the rest will look to train for another year of competition.
The CrossFit Games first began in the summer of 2007, and has been a yearly fixture in sports ever since. This year, the Crossfit Games technically celebrate their 10th anniversary, even though this is also the 11th edition of the competition.
Returning champions will appear to compete. Mathew Fraser and Katrín Tanja Davíðsdóttir will look to defend their titles against the very best in the world. Last year, Mathew won first place in the 2016 CrossFit Games. He finally made it to first place, after sitting in second place for two years in a row (2014, 2015). Meanwhile, Katrín is on an uber-hot streak. She’s looking to win her third consecutive women’s individual championship at this year’s CrossFit Games.
CrossFit Games 2017 Dates & Times
- Thursday, August 3: 8:40 A.M. – 7:45 P.M. EST
- Friday, August 4: 9:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. EST
- Saturday, August 5: 8:40 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. EST
- Sunday, August 6: 9:30 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. EST
CrossFit Games 2017 TV Schedule
Each night, CBS Sports Network brings you a two-hour highlights video featuring the best moments of the day. CBS Sports Networks broadcasts highlights of the day from 10 P.M. to midnight.
- Thursday, August 3: 10:oo P.M. EST, CBS Sports Network
- Friday, August 4: 10:00 P.M. EST, CBS Sports Network
- Saturday, August 5: 1:00 P.M. ET, CBS | 10:00 P.M. ET, CBS Sports Network
- Sunday, August 6: 10:00 P.M. EST, CBS Sports Network
CrossFit Games 2017 Location
This year’s competition is being held at at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin.
CrossFit Games 2017 Behind-The-Scenes Coverage
CBS Sports Network will provide six behind-the-scenes episodes of the CrossFit Games. These episodes will air on the following dates…
- Monday, October 16 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, October 23 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, October 30 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, November 6 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, November 13 | 7:00 p.m. EST
- Sunday, November 26 | 7:00 p.m. EST