If you really want to have a feel for how Apple‘s next iPhone your best bet is to download their next iteration of their operating system, iOS 11. We can no longer count on one hand anymore when it comes to our Apple operating systems and it’s only a matter of time before Apple starts selling us electronic extremities to cope with that change.
The developer beta has been released and you shouldn’t expect a beta to be available to the public for a few more weeks. However what if I told you there is a way…
iOS 11 Release Date
iOS 11 Developer Release Date: June 5, 2017
iOS 11 Public Release Date: July 2017
iOS 11 Release Date: September 2017
iOS 11 Compatible Devices
If you don’t have any of these devices you shouldn’t even go into your settings app anymore, it’s too dangerous and you could be charged for a felony. Here’s a list of all the devices that can deal right now:
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd Generation
12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st Generation
10.5-inch iPad Pro
9.7-inch iPad Pro
iPad Air 2
iPad 5th Generation
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod Touch 6th Generation
How to Download iOS 11 Developer Beta
- Go to the Apple Beta Program page and press the sign up button or sign in if you’ve done this before.
- Put your Apple Username and Password
- Read and Accept the Terms of Service agreement
- Click to enroll your device on the top of the next page
- Click on iOS on the page
- Make sure you take Apple’s offer by clicking their to perform a backup in case sh*t goes down. Remember that no one is safe.
- Using your device that you want iOS 11 on, go to the Apple Beta Program page that we linked in step one and will link in step seven. We would rather you waste these precious seconds reading what we have to say than go back to step one.
- Log in to your Apple Account with your iOS 11 compatible device.
- Tap on “Download Profile”
- Now you need to wait for Apple to deem you worthy. Once the higher powers at hand have made their decision, iOS will be in the air with your device automatically updating through an over the air software update.
How to Download iOS 11 Public Beta
If you’re patient enough to wait a month but impatient enough to not wait till September, refer back to this when the public beta has been released.
- Open up Settings > General > Software Update
- Download and Install iOS 11 Beta
- Enter your device’s passcode
- Agree to the TOS
How to Download iOS 11 on your Computer
Protection is important. Nothing is worth losing all of your messages and contact information for Grandma, this is the safest way to install iOS 11
- On your computer, download the latest version of iTunes on Mac or Windows
- Connect your device to your computer via lightning cable
- Backup your device through iCloud or iTunes, why not both?
- Press Update
- More waiting patiently
New iOS 11 Features
iMessage will now synch all your conversations through any Apple device. Also you can now tip your friends through iMessage with Apple Pay. Now there’s no reason for someone to be flaking when they owe you money.
The Notification Center and the Lock Screen are now one in the same. All of your notifications can be found on your Lock Screen.
Customizable Control Center
Taking a page out of Microsoft, Apple has a Control Center that can now be rearranged through a series of blocks along with a more user friendly way to adjust brightness for people with sausage fingers.
One of Apple’s biggest weaknesses is storage capacity, but iOS 11 offers a better compression format that makes pictures and videos take up less space because we can’t be bothered to give up any more pictures of our food.
Siri continues to get smarter and smarter and it’s only a matter of time before we’re all Siri. She now speaks English, Chinese, Italian, German, French, and Spanish and will learn your behaviors to offer better results for your searches. It’s everyone’s worse nightmare come true.
You can now record what happens on screen with remote screen recording so Apple won’t have to. A dedicated button will be in your Control Center and your recordings will be sent right to Apple HQ, I mean your Photos App.
Speaking of the Photos App, you can now save. GIFs into your camera roll.