magnifier menu chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up comment chevron-up chat_bubble_outline2 share thumbs-up thumbs-down chevron-down

Groom Dies Of Cocaine Overdose Just 6 Hours Into His Bachelor Party

||

TSA Cocaine

Shaun Ennis, 31, died just six hours into his bachelor party due to a large amount of cocaine in his system.

Ennis, a father of three from Buxton, Derbyshire, and a group of his friends jetted off to Magaluf in Majorca last summer for his bachelor party. After going straight to local bars, Ennis told his future brother-in-law that he did not feel well. Shortly after, Ennis started convulsing.

A post-mortem exam conducted on Ennis’ body by a coroner, Dr. Robert Hunter, after it was flown back home, found “high” levels of cocaine in his system.

Via Buxton Advertiser:

Senior coroner Dr Robert Hunter said that, according to statements taken by Spanish police, on the night he arrived in Magaluf, Mr. Ennis stayed out in the resort on his own after the rest of the group had returned to the hotel. The next time he was seen, however, he had become unwell.

Shaun’s friend, Michael Heathcote, told Spanish police that Mr Ennis had knocked on his door in the early hours of the morning, sweating profusely. He was also complaining of shortness of breath, his lips had turned blue and he later began to convulse.

The alarm was raised at 6:00 A.M., but despite the best efforts of Shaun’s dad Brian and Spanish paramedics, Mr Ennis died shortly afterwards.

Recording a verdict of misadventure, Dr. Hunter said, “I don’t think people fully appreciate the dangers that cocaine can pose to the heart.”

And of course, whenever I can work a Seinfeld, South Park, or Chappelle’s Show reference into an article, you bet your ass I will. Today’s winner is Chappelle’s Show — you can probably guess which sketch I’m going to use.

COED Writer
A New Jersey native & Rutgers University graduate who firmly believes it's better to be lucky than good. My goal in life is to one day write a Batman screenplay. You can probably find me somewhere cooking either too little or too much pasta. contact me - eric.italiano@teamcoed.com