The Game released his new album The Documentary 2 today, so listen to the stream via Spotify below. The record is executive produced by Dr. Dre and has received good reviews thus far.
Lyrically and technically, Game has a renewed focus, telling his Westside story with more detail and meaning than ever. Never before has he made his beloved Compton come to life like this, a tense city of red and blue bandannas, high summertime murder rates, and desperate crack fiends. [CoS]
Having just watched Straight Outta Compton this week, I’ve gotta admit that I’ve been banging this on my headphones all day. West Coast rap just has a different vibe to it, and The Game is a big part of that movement.
[spotify id=”spotify:album:7dPov48AdQJPI5jvTNnzcX” width=”300″ height=”380″ /]
If you like what you heard, download The Documentary 2 from iTunes here.
The Game Documentary 2 Track List
2. On Me feat. Kendrick Lamar
3. Step Up feat. DeJ Loaf and Sha Sha
4. Don’t Trip feat. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and will.i.am
5. Standing on Ferraris f. Diddy
6. Dollar and a Dream feat. Ab-Soul
7. Made In America feat. Mvrcus Blvck
8. Hashtag feat. Jelly roll
9. Circles feat. Q-Tip, Eric Bellinger and Sha Sha
10. Uncle Skit
11. Dedicated feat. Future and Sonyae
12. Bitch You Ain’t Shit
13. Summertime feat. Jelly Roll
14. Mula feat. Kanye West
15. The Documentary 2
16. New York, New York
17. 100 f. Drake
18. Just Another Day
19. LA feat. Snoop Dogg, will.i.am and Fergie.