In every college students life there is a time when they can pretty much forget about taking those tough college cores and instead focus on what’s really important: partying in a new country and traveling the world. This time is the coveted semester abroad. Whether you’re going to Europe, Asia, or Australia you can use this semester to find that hot foreign chick you’ve been dying to meet or try that German beer you’ve read about. We’ve come up with some of the best places to begin your wild adventure; but read with caution because you may never want to leave! This is “Study Abroad Exposed!“
Berlin is definitely the place to study abroad in if you’re ready to leave your problems behind and enjoy a semester of relaxing at parks, partying at the best clubs, and exploring the vibrant culture and history of Germany. The creative, free-spirited lifestyle here makes this city a temptress for people looking to have fun. This city is the definition of carefree so be prepared to delve into everything it has to offer with an open mind.
Gritty basement pubs, swanky cocktail bars, and enormous techno clubs— you’ll always find something new to do in Berlin. The partying here goes on till the early morning so come with endurance! There’s not even one central drinking area in Berlin; it’s everywhere. This limitless party spectrum draws all sorts of people in.
– First on our list is the famous Berghain nightclub. Berghain is the spot that gave Berlin its techno-music rep because of its insane sound system that blasts EDM from world-renown DJs all night. It’s named the “best club in the world” by the Times and DJ Mag. Housed in an abandoned power plant, this “church of techno” draws out that European clubbing scene you’ve seen in movies!
– If you’re looking for something a little more comfortable—a place to chill out on a vintage couch with a beer or bourbon in hand— spend the night at Nathanja und Heinrich. This cozy spot has live bands playing soul music and a hipster crowd flocking to the bar. It’s the perfect sketch of a Berlin pub with unpolished floors and grungy furniture; and of course the best tap beer in the world.
– Waking up with a hangover is not unusual in Berlin. But, we all know the best way to kill this pain is to spend the day chilling out with another drink. This is when you go to Club Der Visionaere. The collection of canal-side shacks lets people relax on the deck with a nice buzz. DJs play background music and most of the club is made up of floats on the water, creating the ideal unwinding atmosphere.
– A bar, burger joint, tattoo parlor, and smoking cinema all in one. Never heard that before, right? Well the Berlin spot, White Trash Fast Food, is exactly this. This place entices rock-n-rollers with the live bands playing the in the bohemian-style basement bar. Make a reservation upstairs to have the best burger in town!
Eating in Berlin is exciting. From the sausages, to the kebabs, to the food from the city’s diverse neighborhoods, the flavors in Berlin are out of control. Whether you want something fast and tasty or fancy and elaborate, you can find it all here. These are some of the best restaurants in the city:
– Max und Moritz (German)
– Heising (French)
– Cocolo Ramen (Japanese)
– Marjellchen (German)
– Masteca e Tasi (Italian)
– Bieberbau (German)
There is a small village outside of Berlin that lures in hippies, beach-babes, partiers, and pretty much anyone looking to leave behind their worries and enjoy a day, night, or weekend of happiness and freedom. This wonderful oasis is called Sisyphos. Sisyphos has a huge, multi-leveled dance club where you can party all day and night to the variety of music genres playing.
You can move outside to the open, chill-out spaces and hang by the sand lake, abandoned bus, pool, bonfire, or pizza joint. Sisyphos embodies the free-spirited, gritty, festival-like party vibe that you’ve only dreamed of. Make sure to check out the website to see what party is going on that week!
Berlin has some of the coolest, famous spots in the world and you’ll be sure to get badass pictures while studying abroad here.
Take a hike in the enormous Grunewald Forest to get the best scenery pictures of the massive lakes and towering trees.
You can’t forget to get some trendy shots at the Berlin Wall to get your German culture
One of the sickest, most unconventional things about Berlin is the Photoautomat photo-booths that are planted throughout the city. Jump in one of these to get fun pictures with your friends while exploring the town!
Spend the day at Manuerpark, lying on the grass, listening to musicians, playing some soccer, or shopping at the Sunday flea market!
– Movies that take place there (The Unknown, The Bourne Supremacy, The Good German)
– Instagram Locations (Olympic stadium, Museum Island, Judisches Museum, Checkpoint Charlie)
– Weather (Warm summers with chilly nights, cold winters with some snowfall from December-March, mild springs and autumns)
– Attitude towards American guys (Very free-spirited attitude here, welcoming to Americans, friendly)