The Ultimate Fighting Championship returned to action this weekend at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas for UFC on ESPN 11. In the main event of the night, top-ranked heavyweight contenders Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov went toe-to-toe in a one-sided bout.
Blaydes was able to overwhelm Volkov throughout the five-round fight en route to a unanimous decision victory.
Blaydes relied on his takedowns early and often to earn his fourth straight win, 49-46, 48-47, 49-46. During his victory, Blaydes set a UFC heavyweight record with 14 takedowns while going the distance for the first time in his career. Volkov, a former Bellator champion, meanwhile, has lost two of his last three fights.
“It was a good experience to go 25 minutes,” Blaydes said. “I know there are things I gotta work on, but a win is a win. I know I need to work on my conditioning after the third round. I’m happy with the win. Volkov is legit.”
A full look at the results from UFC on ESPN 11 can be seen below.
UFC on ESPN 11 Results
- Curtis Blaydes def. Alexander Volkov via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 49-46)
- Josh Emmett def. Shane Burgos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Raquel Pennington def. Marion Reneau via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jim Miller def. Roosevelt Roberts via submission (armbar) — Round 1, 2:25
- Bobby Green def. Clay Guida via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Tecia Torres def. Brianna Van Buren via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Oskar Piechota via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:50
- Gillian Robertson def. Cortney Casey via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:32
- Justin Jaynes def. Frank Camacho via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:41
- Lauren Murphy def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Austin Hubbard def. Max Rohskopf via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00