TUF 27 Finale Results: Live Updates & Must-See Highlights

The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to FOX Sports 1 on Friday night for The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale. Two new TUF champions will be crowned following the season of undefeated fighters, while a middleweight scrap between Brad Tavares and Israel Adesanya serves as the night’s main event.
In the lightweight tournament final, Team Miocic’s Mike Trizano faces off against Team Cormier’s Joe Giannetti. The featherweight tournament final is between Brad Katona of Team Cormier and Team Miocic’s Jay Cuccinello.
Also appearing on the main card is a women’s flyweight bout between top contenders Barb Honchak and Roxanne Modafferi, who will be looking to position themselves for a title shot.
If you can’t catch the action live, we have you covered.
The full results and video highlights from Friday night’s The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale can be seen below.

The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale: Fight Time & Viewing Details

Event: The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale: Tavares vs. Adesanya
Date: Friday, July 6, 2018
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Venue: Pearl Theater
Main Card Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass, FOX Sports 1

The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale Results & Video Highlights


Israel Adesanya def. Brad Tavares via unanimous decision (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)
Tavares came out pushing forward and putting the pressure on Adesanya immediately so he was unable to get comfortable. Adesanya, however, remained in front of his opponent and was calm, composed, and taunting Tavares despite not yet landing a significant shot. Tavares shot for a takedown with 90 seconds remaining in the opening frame, but Adesanya was able to remain on his feet. Adesanya ended the round with a slick roll for a leg lock but the final bell rang. Adesanya continued to show he was comfortable in the cage, showboating against Tavares and mixing in some flashy techniques.

Adesanya continued to have the higher output in Round 3 and continued to look comfortable against the more experienced fighter. Near the end of the round, Adesanya landed two huge shots that staggered Tavares, before unloading with a flurry of straight punches and low kicks before we entered the championship rounds.

To start the fourth round, Brad Tavares showed his first sign of life by securing a takedown. Adesanya then threatened with a triangle choke in an attempt to sweep, but Tavares remained in dominant position. Adesanya swept Tavares with a kimura and was then able to get back in his groove after a strike that left Tavares gushing with blood. Tavares began to fade.

Tavares had no answer for Adesanya in the final five minutes. With multiple failed takedown attempts and the inability to defend Adesanya, it was clear that Tavares needed a miracle if he was going to come away with the win. Ultimately, the fight went to the judge’s scorecards and it was time for the inevitable decision.
Mike Trizano def. Joe Giannetti via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) – “TUF 27” lightweight tournament final
Giannetti came out cool and calm, showing no signs that he was about to enter the biggest fight of his life. Just one minute into the bout, Giannetti landed a takedown of Trizano and began working on taking his back. On the mat, Giannetti and Trizano scrambled for position, with Giannetti isolating Trizano’s leg with a triangle. The two men exchanged positions, with Trizano finishing off the round while threatening with a triangle choke.

Trizano carried his momentum over into Round 2, landing an early takedown and working from halfguard. The two men were tied up on the mat and engaged in a grappling chess match, before Giannetti attempted to roll into a leg lock. After that attempt failed, Giannetti was holding position in an inverted body triangle while taking elbows to his rear from his opponent. It was a stalemate, with neither fighter landing significant damage and the round ended to a chorus of boos after two minutes of elbows to the butt.

The third round was more inaction, with both men circling the cage and looking to avoid a big mistake as we went to the judges.

Brad Katona def. Jay Cucciniello via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26) — “TUF 27” featherweight tournament final
As the two men began the fight feeling each other out, they exchanged kicks from a distance while looking to avoid making the first crucial error. Near the end of Round 1, Katona scored the most significant strike of the opening frame with a heavy shot that dropped Cucciniello to the mat.

Katona was the more active fighter throughout the first five minutes and carried his momentum into the second round with a big left hand that dropped Cucciniello once again. Katona was able to put Cucciniello on his back and work from inside of the guard for a majority of Round 2, establishing his control of the fight without every facing any real danger. Katona continued his dominance in the final five minutes, scoring an early takedown and grinding Cucciniello out until the final bell.

Alex Caceres def. Martin Bravo via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
The bout began with plenty of energy and wild scrambles, as Bravo attempted to get Caceres to the mat. Bruce Leeroy, however, was able to use his balance to remain standing as the two men continued to slug it out in the middle of the cage. Bravo was able to get Caceres on his back, but Caceres’ active guard allowed him to avoid any significant damage while attempting to look for a submission. Caceres was able to rock Bravo early in Round 2, but failed to capitalize after attempting to take Bravo’s back being shrugged off. However, Caceres kept the pressure on his opponent.

Caceres was getting more comfortable in his stand-up and began tagging Bravo, who appeared to be fading as the round went on. Caceres was gaining confidence as the second frame went on and he consistently found a home for his shots. Bravo did show some life in the closing minute of the round, landing his own heavy shots and forcing Caceres to hesitate in his own striking. Bravo found his most success in the final round, causing Caceres to shoot in for a desperate takedown attempt midway through the round. The two men were content to exchange blows and slug it out as time expired.

Roxanne Modafferi def. Barb Honchak via TKO (elbow) – Round 2, 3:32
Modafferi came out feinting her jab and trying to keep Honchak at distance, while Honchak appeared to be content playing the counter game. Midway through the round, Roxy was able to land a takedown and began working from half guard. Once in top position, Modafferi was controlling the action and raining down some ground-and-pound while smothering her opponent for the opening five minutes. To open round two, Modafferi was able to counter Honchak during a scramble and once again found herself in a dominant position. Modafferi transitioned to full mount and continued to deliver damage to her opponent. Modafferi was raining down elbows from the top until referee Marc Goddard was forced to step in and stop the fight.

Alessio Di Chirico def. Julian Marquez via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
After a brief feeling out process to open the fight, Di Chirico began throwing the heavy leather while Marquez was returning the favor with some big shots of his own. Both men continued to stay in the pocket, however, with Di Chirico temporarily rocking his opponent. Once he recovered, Marquez began stalking Di Chirico and landed a huge shot of his own that forced Di Chirico’s legs to buckle. Di Chirico eventually changed levels and looked to take the fight to the mat, but he was instead left working his way out of a guillotine choke. Marquez came out in Round 2 much more aggressive than the opening frame, but as he slowed down Di Chirico was able to neutralize the fight against the fence. Both men were willing to exchange and were trading big shots before Di Chirico landed another takedown and began working from top position.

Marquez had a brief flash of brilliance as he attempted to isolate Di Chirico’s arm, but it was Di Chirico who ended the round in dominant position with just five minutes remaining in the bout. Both men significantly slowed in the final frame as exhaustion began to set in. Di Chirico landed yet another takedown midway through the round, but Marquez used an armbar to sweep and get the fight back to the feet until the final bell.


Montana De La Rosa def. Rachael Ostovich via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:21
De La Rosa was looking to use her reach advantage in the early moments of the fight, throwing out her jab to keep Ostovich at a distance. De La Rosa was landing with consistency as Ostovich struggled to get inside. Ostovich never managed to close the distance throughout he opening five minutes as De La Rosa showed maturity and poise to avoid making any mistakes. In Round 2, Ostovich did manage to engage in a clinch, but it was De La Rosa who was having the most success and controlling the action against the cage. As the pace picked up, De La Rosa was still the more effective striker while Ostovich was looking to land the big shot.

In the final frame, Ostovich was finally able to grab a hold of De La Rosa and took her opponent’s back. De La Rosa was able to regain a favorable position, but Ostovich continued to search for an armbar before De La Rosa broke free. De La Rosa then took the back of Ostovich and locked in the body triangle. De La Rosa then postured up and rained down some heavy ground-and-pound. De La Rosa then went for a rear-naked choke and was able to force the tap.

Luis Pena def. Richie Smullen via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 3:32
Both men came out looking to push a high pace, but it didn’t take long for Smullen to look for his advantage by taking the fight to the mat. Smullen was working from inside of Pena’s guard, but unable to inflict any serious damage. After a brief scramble, Pena was able to land a takedown of his own before allowing the fight to return to the feet. Pena began teeing off on Smullen and cracked his opponent with three heavy shots that dropped him, before latching on to Smullen’s neck and working for a guillotine choke. Pena mounted Smullen while the choke was locked in and eventually forced the tap.

John Gunther def. Allan Zuniga via majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
Gunther came out pushing the pace and immediately began working for a takedown attempt against the cage. Gunther kept the pressure on Zuniga and was able to land multiple takedowns while smothering his opponent on the mat. Zuniga was visibly frustrated as the round expired after spending the majority of the opening frame fighting to get back to his feet.

The second round started off with much of the same, but Zuniga was able to start finding a home for his left hand to the body as the round went on. After eating a few shots, Gunther once again worked in the clinch to secure a takedown against the fence. Gunther was relentless in the third and final round, once again tying up Zuniga and controlling the fight against the cage. Very little damage was done, but Gunther was dominating position and Zuniga was unable to mount any form of offense. The fight ended with a flurry as the final bell rang.

Bryce Mitchell def. Tyler Diamond via majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
Diamond controlled the center of the Octagon from the early moments of the bout, before shooting for a low-single leg takedown. Once on the matt, Mitchell neutralized Diamond with the rubber guard before eventually sweeping position and making his way back to his feet. Mitchell then landed a takedown of his own in an attempt to break free of a choke attempt from Diamond. In Round 2, Mitchell was able to find great success off of his back, throwing some brutal elbows to the head of Diamond while looking to lock in a triangle choke. The choke was threatening, but Diamond was able to escape and found himself in top position. Once on top, Diamond was able to land some heavy ground-and-pound of his own as the round expired.

The two men were willing to slug it out in the final frame, taking the center of the octagon and exchanging stand-up. However, just over a minute into the round, Diamond shot for a takedown and was able to put Mitchell flat on his back. Once on the mat, Diamond was able to impose his will and was wearing down his opponent with heavy pressure from the top position. Diamond continued to hold a dominant position as the round expired and we went to the judges.

Steven Peterson def. Matt Bessette via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Peterson found himself working off of his back early in the bout, but he was able to mount some offense and threatened Bessette with a dangerous guillotine choke attempt. Bessette escaped and was able to work his way back to his feet. The two men exchanged blows once the fight returned standing. Bessette had noticeable damage on his face from the exchanges throughout the remainder of the round. However, he was still able to impose his will with some stiff uppercuts to Peterson. In Round 2, the most significant strike came when Bessette cracked Peterson with a devastating headkick, but Peterson somehow remained on his feet. Peterson was then able to rally, scoring a takedown and taking Bessette’s back as time was running out in the round. Bessette finished the round on Peterson’s back, landing some heavy punches and ending on a high note.

Peterson landed a takedown early on in the final frame and once again controlled his opponent from the back mount position. Peterson was staying active and locked in the body triangle, while looking for an opening to attempt a rear-naked choke. Peterson was ultimately unable to lock in a fight-ending submission, but he held dominant position for a majority of the five minutes and found himself in good position with the fight heading to the judge’s scorecards.

Gerald Meerschaert def. Oskar Piechota via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:55
Piechota was able to show off his dominance on the ground early once the fight hit the mat. The moment Piechota found himself in top position, he was constantly threatening with a D’arce, arm triangle, and a relentless string of submissions. After the referee stood the fight back up, Piechota scored a knockdown and immediately pounced on his opponent, once again threatening with submission attempts. Meerschaert was able to survive and finished the round in top position with some heavy knees to the body. Meerschaert found much more success in Round 2, finding a submission attempt of his own and peppering Piechota with some vicious ground-and-pound. After some big knees and elbows, Meerschaert was able to lock in a deep rear-naked choke that put Piechota to sleep to cap off an incredible comeback.

Clifford Rozier Cause Of Death: How Did Former NBA Player Die?
Clifford Rozier Cause Of Death: How Did Former NBA Player Die?
  • 10678531520930918