Haleigh Broucher, a current student at Texas A&M University, will be giving up social media for the next few weeks while she spends her summer in Los Angeles as a cast member on season 20 of the CBS hit reality show Big Brother. Broucher is an avid Twitter and Instagram user, so there will be a noticeable absence on her followers’ newsfeeds while she tries to come away with Big Brother’s $500,000 prize.
At 21 years old, Haleigh, is majoring in psychology and has a minor in sociology, among the show’s youngest cast members.
Additional info from her CBS bio reads:
What would you take into the house and why:
- iPod or something to play music on because there isn’t a day that passes that I don’t listen to at least one song.
- My own bed because I’m kind of a bed critic and I’m not sure how the Big Brother ones will fare.
- My cat, Scarlett, of course, to keep me company and to give good snuggles.
Fun facts about yourself:
- In 4th grade, I raised a goat named Ringo for FFA (Future Farmers of America). I never raised one again…
- I volunteer at St. Joe’s hospital for the mentally ill because my father suffers from mental illness.
- In 6th grade, I found out that I was adopted.
- I have two fears that seem unreasonable: chainsaws and crossing the street.
Big Brother 20 premieres on Wednesday, June 27, at 8pm EST on CBS with 24/7 feeds available on CBS All Access.
For more photos of Haleigh, check out the gallery below and be sure to head on over to Instagram and click follow to join the growing list of more than 11,000 fans who can’t wait to see her next move and how far she advances on the upcoming season of Big Brother.