Receiving a gift bag was the most defining moment of a birthday party in your youth. It was also when you first learned one of life’s unfair lessons: being friends with people who have money is nice. Nice in the sense that you walk away from a three-hour romp of Dave and Buster’s with a family sized bag of sour patch kids and an iPod shuffle. Apparently, in Hollywood it only goes up from there.
This year’s “Everyone Wins” gift bags are worth $100,000 and will be sent to the 26 nominees for Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress, and Best Director. The gifts are compiled and distributed by the marketing company, Distinctive Assets. Because they’re not formally affiliated with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, they can’t technically be called “Oscars” gift bags. Regardless, per usual, these bags are filled with an eclectic bunch of toys for rich people.
The Full List of items is here and is about 90% cosmetics, so if you don’t feel like scrolling through anti-aging creams, check out the highlights below.
Oscars “Everyone Wins” Gift Bags: Highlights of Gifts
– Luxury vacations to Tanzania, Greece, and Hawaii
– 23andMe genetic service kit
– Pepperface, a lightweight pepper spray
– An 18-minute “phobia-relief” session
– The NeverMissed dating app, available pre-launch (A must have for all Oscar nominees desperate in the dating scene)
– A Luxura Diamonds “conflict-free” necklace
– Underarm sweat patches
– A $10,000 donation to the animal shelter of their choice
Oscars 2018 Viewing Details
Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
Time: 8 PM EST
Location: Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California
Live Stream: ABC
Host: Jimmy Kimmel
The 90th annual Academy Awards airs Sunday, March 4 at 8 PM ET on ABC.