The Big Ten Conference regular season has come and gone. The conference is once again stacked with great teams that will all make a huge impact in the NCAA Tournament. First however will be the conference tournament coming up this week in Indianapolis. The Indiana Hoosiers are the top seed after winning the conference but the Michigan State Spartans, Maryland Terrapins, Purdue Boilermakers, Iowa Hawkeyes and Wisconsin Badgers were all just behind Indiana which should make this tournament very wide open and great for the fans in attendance.
Here is a look at the final Big Ten standings and the full conference tournament schedule.
Final Big Ten Conference Standings
- Indiana (15-3, 25-6)- It has definitely been a season to remember for the Hoosiers but they are still not getting the same respect as some of the other conference teams. They have a chip on their shoulder now.
- Michigan State (13-5, 26-5)- The Spartans under Tom Izzo just keep doing what they do best and that’s win. Denzel Valentine is leading this team straight towards a No. 1 seed if they win the conference tournament.
- Maryland (12-6, 24-7)- While the Terrapins did finish third in the conference, they are still a team to reckon with and could move up the seed line with a big tournament this week.
- Purdue (12-6, 24-7)- With 24 wins, the Boilermakers appear ready to rock the tournament. However, they are looked at as just a No. 5 seed right now. They can improve on that with a tournament win.
- Iowa (12-6, 21-9)- Jarrod Uthoff is one of the best players that the Hawkeyes have ever had. He will need to carry this Iowa team if they are going to win the conference title and out of the dreaded 5 seed line.
- Wisconsin (12-6, 20-11)- The Badgers would love to give new head coach Greg Gard a great finish to his first year on the job. They can do that with a solid tournament and then a big run into March Madness.
- Ohio State (11-7, 19-12)
- Michigan (10-8, 20-11)
- Northwestern (8-10, 20-11)
- Penn State (7-11, 16-15)
- Nebraska (6-12, 14-17)
- Illinois (5-13, 13-18)
- Minnesota (2-16, 8-22)
- Rutgers (1-17, 7-24)
Big Ten Tournament Schedule
Wednesday, March 9
Game 1: #13 Minnesota vs. #12 Illinois, 4:30 p.m.
Game 2: #14 Rutgers vs. #11 Nebraska, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 10
Game 3: #9 Northwestern vs. #8 Michigan, Noon
Game 4: Game 1 Winner vs. #5 Iowa, 2:30 p.m.
Game 5: #10 Penn State vs. #7 Ohio State, 6:30 p.m.
Game 6: Game 2 Winner vs. #6 Wisconsin, 9 p.m.
Friday, March 11
Game 7: Game 3 Winner vs. #1 Indiana, Noon
Game 8: Game 4 Winner vs. #4 Purdue, 2:30 p.m.
Game 9: Game 5 Winner vs. #2 Michigan State, 6:30 p.m.
Game 10: Game 6 Winner vs. #3 Maryland, 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 12
Game 11: Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Winner, 1 p.m.
Game 12: Game 9 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner, 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 13
Game 13: Game 11 Winner vs. Game 12 Winner, 3 p.m.