The Super Bowl is just around the corner and if you haven’t planned your party yet, you need to start with the most important part first: the food. You really think people show up just to watch the game and hope Beyonce takes over the halftime show in bootie shorts? No. Everyone wants a sh*t ton of beer and food. Like enough to gorge themselves on for days after, if you’re nice enough to give them some leftovers.
Start your party off right with the classic seven layer dip. Literally no one is going to want to leave your apart, which could be a good thing (especially if one of your guests happens to be Lindsey Pelas).
Here Are Best Super Bowl 2016 Dip Recipes:
Seven Layer Dip
1 (16oz) can refried beans
3 avocados or 1¼ cup guacamole
1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice (omit if using guacamole)
¼ tsp sea salt (omit if using guacamole)
¾ cup light sour cream
½ cup light mayo
3 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix or 1 packet store-bought taco seasoning
2 large tomatoes, diced or 1¼ cup salsa
1 (6oz) can medium black olives, sliced
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions, sliced
1. Spread refried beans on a LARGE plate or 10-inch pie dish.
2. If you are using the avocados instead of guacamole, mix/puree them with the lemon/lime juice and sea salt. Drop by spoonfuls and spread over refried beans.
3. In another bowl, mix the sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning. Drop by spoonfuls and spread over avocados/guacamole.
4. Layer the rest of the dip as follows: diced tomatoes/salsa, sliced olives, shredded cheese, and sliced green onions.
5. Chill dip; tastes better when cold. Serve with tortilla chips.
[via Dessert Now Dinner Later]
Hot Seven Layer Dip
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
½ medium yellow onion, diced
½ lb ground beef
1 large garlic clove
½ tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
¼ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
½ cup canned black beans, drained
½ cup canned corn, drained
1 tomato, seeded and diced
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
Chipotle chili pepper powder
1. Heat up oven-safe skillet (8-inch skillet) over medium heat and add vegetable oil.
2. Add diced onion and saute until transparent.
3. Add ground beef and cook, covered and stirring often, until almost done.
4. Add grated (or pressed) garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder. Mix well and cook until done.
5. Stir in sour cream and tomato paste into the beef until fully combined. Spread beef evenly throughout the skillet. Take off heat.
6. Turn off stove-top heat and turn the oven on to 350.
7. Layer diced jalapeno peppers, then beans, then corn, then diced tomato. Sprinkle some salt and cumin over the veggies. Add cilantro on top.
8. Spread cheese evenly all over veggies. Sprinkle a little more salt and some chipotle chili pepper powder over cheese.
9. Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
10.Serve with chips.
[via Will Cook For Smiles]
Greek Layer Dip
1, 1o-ounce container of hummus, your favorite flavor (I used roasted garlic)
1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup diced, seeded cucumber
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Pita chips, carrots, broccoli, sliced bell peppers, or crackers, for serving
1. Spread the hummus in a smooth layer in the bottom of an 8×8-inch square baking dish, a shallow pie dish, or similar serving dish. Dollop the Greek yogurt by small spoonfuls over the top, then gently spread to create a new layer.
2. Scatter the tomato, cucumber, feta, and olives over the top. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then dip with pita chips, crackers, and sliced veggies as desired.
[via Well Plated]
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
1 large russet potato
8 ounces thick-cut bacon
8 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
For serving: Kettle Brand Krinkle Cut Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place an ovenproof baking rack on top. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the baking rack, then bake until crisp, about 12-15 minutes depending upon the thickness of your bacon. Remove from the baking rack to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then dice into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, prick the potato all over with a fork, then place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6-10 minutes or until soft and cooked through. Let cool. 3. Slice the potato in half, then carefully scoop the insides out into a mixing bowl. Discard the skins.
4. With a fork, mash the potato until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add the cheddar, 2 tablespoons of the chives, and all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon. Stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt or pepper as desired.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl, then sprinkle the remaining bacon and chives over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature with potato chips. (For directions to serve hot, see recipe notes below).
[via Well Plated]
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper, or more, to taste
1 (16-ounce) black bean refried beans
4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before shredding and combining with Frank’s RedHot; set aside.
3. Reheat refried beans according to package instructions. Spread the refried beans in an even layer into the prepared baking dish. Without stirring, top with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. Spread the chicken mixture on top in an even layer and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 15-18 minutes.
5. Serve immediately, drizzled with sour cream and garnished with avocado and cilantro, if desired.
[via Damn Delicious]