New images from next years Suicide Squad have been released via Empireonline.com, including maybe our best look yet at Jared Leto’s Joker.
I am COED’s resident Batman expert (seriously, check out my bio), so I’m just gonna rattle off a couple of thoughts about these images, the Joker, and Suicide Squad as a whole.
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is going to simultaneously steal the show, and give millions of men across the nation wet nightmares. She’s beautiful, she’s crazy, she’s terrifying. She’s everything I’ve ever wanted.
- The Joker…. Oh The Joker. I get it. They GOTTA differentiate themselves from both Heath Ledger’s and Jack Nicholson’s legendary portrayals. And Jared Leto’s casting was perfect, in my opinion. But this look, man. I’m just… I don’t know. I understand the modernization, and portrayal as more of a “gangster” type of villain. But the look is just so damn distracting. And yet, I can live with the hair, and the teeth, and the wardrobe. But those tattoos have just gotta go. They have to. They’re horrible.
- Where’s Batman?!?!
- Even as a possessed demon witch, Cara Delevingne is still a 10 out of 10. I’d hit it, evil satan spirit or not.
- I really hope this movie turns Will Smith’s career around. Dude has been on a cold streak since 2010.
- Pencil in Margot Robbie for a Best Supporting Actress nomination. Her transition Dr. Harleen Quinzel into Harley Quinn is going to be heart breaking.
- Joker’s stupid tattoos and all, this movie is going to be incredible.
Suicide Squad is set to be released August 5, 2016.