The last time that I wrote a “He Said” section of this column, it didn’t go over too well with the ladies. It would seem that I wasn’t kind enough. Whoops. Girls, this isn’t called “What She Wanted Me To Say,” which, coincidentally, would be a conversation I would be great at due to years of having a girlfriend. At the moment, though, I’m single and ready to mingle. This week, I’m going to discuss the difficult transition between breaking up to being happily single and some things you can do to help yourself along the way. As men, it’s inevitable that we’re going to trip every so often (like when she texts you or after a month of not getting any) but all that’s important is that we reach our destination. Pack your bags (or maybe she’s done it for you) because we’re headed to single-town.
What to be careful for:
- Being too desperate.
- Getting a disease. Seriously, you might have been having unprotected sex for a while – that sh*t doesn’t fly in the real world.
- Hooking up with your ex’s friends. I’ve never done this before but I’ve seen World War 3 start this way.
- On the same note, be wary of her friends – they might pretend they’re your friends too but she came first. Treat them as spies always.
- Hooking up with your ex-girlfriend on the reg. Once or twice is fine. Sleeping over is not.
- Trying to turn a hoe into a housewife. I know you want to get back into being comfortable with someone, but she does too. Don’t.
- Following my advice too carefully. Everyone’s broken up before and they’re all alive and well. Don’t worry about it. Trust.