EMI Music is releasing “Why Pink Floyd?”, a comprehensive smorgasbord of unreleased music from the archives, collectors’ box sets and complete studio recordings remastered. To celebrate we’re giving away two (2) Dark Side of the Moon 2-CD sets (which contain a digitally remastered version by James Guthrie and a previously unreleased live performance at Wembley Stadium in 1974), two (2) Why Pink Floyd? posters & two (2) Why Pink Floyd? t-shirts. To enter, simply tweet why Pink Floyd is the greatest to @COEDMagazine with the hashtag #whypinkfloyd. We’ll review the entries and pick a winner on Friday, September 30th.
Giveaway is open to US residents only.
Here’s a good example of a #whypinkfloyd tweet…
Roger Faxon, CEO of EMI Group, said…
“Why Pink Floyd? Because their music is without equal.”
That’s a pretty bad-ass quote. Can you beat it? Then get to tweetin‘.
Here’s the release schedule for “Why Pink Floyd”…
- All 14 remastered studio albums Discovery editions
- Box-set of all 14 albums with photo book
- Audio downloads of Discovery albums and box-set
- The Dark Side of The Moon – Immersion and Experience editions, vinyl LP and digital editions.
- A Foot In The Door – The Best of Pink Floyd
- Wish You Were Here – Immersion and Experience editions, vinyl LP and digital editions
February 27, 2012:
- The Wall – Immersion and Experience editions, vinyl LP and digital editions
For more info, visit Pink Floyd’s official website, Facebook fan page, YouTube channel or check out the video below: