If you’re the healthy type, you have your usual oatmeal, egg white omelette or low-fat yogurt for breakfast. The scatter-brained type; leftovers in a box, on the run. The partying type; nothing because you’re too hungover to move. What if you’re the type that just got laid? Well, sorry, but that random person drooling on your pillow with their naked ass hanging over the side of your bed needs to be fed. Hey, if you didn’t want to feed them, you should have kicked them out last night when you finished. Whether you actually like the person and want to impress them, or the sex was so bad you need some comfort food to forget it, here are some easy, delicious breakfast recipes:
PB&J Crunchy French Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 4 slices day-old bread
- ½ cup finely chopped peanuts
- Beat eggs and milk in shallow dish until blended. SOAK 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once; dip each slice into peanuts to coat both sides.
- Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices in skillet. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Adjust heat as necessary so that peanuts do not burn.CLEAN skillet.
- REPEAT to cook remaining bread.
Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs & Tortillas
- 1 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), halved, cut into thin strips
- 12 EGGS, beaten
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- COAT 12-inch non-stick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. ADD salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes. ADD tortilla strips; stir to coat. COOK 1 minute.
- POUR eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- SPRINKLE cheese over eggs. BROIL 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 (8 inch) (8 inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Brown potatoes and onion in drippings.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; cook and stir until eggs are set. Crumble bacon and stir into eggs. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon egg mixture down center of tortillas; fold in sides of tortilla.
- Serve with salsa.
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quesadilla
- 2 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup shredded MontereyJack cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or apple/cinnamon flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place on tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread half of applesauce over tortilla; reserve half for garnish.
- Sprinkle with half of cinnamon-sugar over applesauce. Top with cheese. Cover with second tortilla.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve with reserved applesauce and yogurt.
Now put your underwear on and get cooking.