Designed exclusively for Nintendo Wii, GoldenEye 007 has a lot to live up to! The original on N64 sold over 8 million freakin’ copies back in 1997 and is widely considered the most influential first person shooting (FPS) game of all time. That being said, we are happy to report that this fast paced FPS did not let us down!
It’s always a little scary when a remake comes out. You can only hope and pray that the new edition will not ruin all the great memories you have of playing the original. Thankfully GoldenEye 007 for Wii will not rob you of your great memories.
Single-player mode pretty much sticks to the GoldenEye storyline that we all know so well and the game play is outstanding! It will keep most gamers entertained for 8 to 10 hours. You’ll notice the revamped GoldenEye is a bit more rewarding than it’s predecessor on N64. It has longer, more impressive missions, and an good number of secondary objectives. As for multiplayer, it has everything you loved about the original except this time you can play online with up to 8 players, and choose from 40 total characters!
- Wii Exclusive – The original GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64TM redefined the FPS genre, making it a best-selling title on one of the most popular platforms. As a Wii exclusive, the new GoldenEye 007 gaming experience will reflect modern technology advancements, while channeling nostalgia for fans of the franchise.
- Split-Screen Multiplayer / Classic Bond Characters – GoldenEye 007 features an unprecedented lineup of four-player split-screen MP options, including 40 total characters, 8 classic Bond characters, 5 maps, 3 standard modes and 16 special modifiers that allow gamers to create over 500 different game combinations. GoldenEye 007 also features online multiplayer for up to 8 players designed for seasoned FPS online gamers with unique modes and a robust XP system for unlockables and achievements.
- Choose the Way you Play – In addition to the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, GoldenEye 007 also supports the Classic Controller Pro for gamers who want to play with standard FPS controls and the Wii Zapper for “point and shoot” gamers; players will have several control scheme options, allowing them to experience GoldenEye on Wii any way they want.
- Voice acting and cast
- The musical score is excellent.
- The quality of the original GoldenEye is retained.
- Online multiplayer quite fun.
- No Pierce Brosnan.
- Lack of gadgets, you only get a smart phone.
- No classic multiplayer maps.
- Low frame rates in big action moments is frustrating.
- Playing with the Wii-Mote is horrid, you’ll want to get yourself a classic controller.
We give GoldenEye 007 an 8.5 out of 10. Honestly, we’ve had a great experience with this game. The graphics look great for a Wii game and the game play holds true to the original. So, quick! Add this to your holiday wish-list. If you have a classic controller you’re all set, if you don’t, do yourself a favor and get one. You’ll thank me later!
Price: $49.99 or $69.99 (w/classic controller)