James Montgomery Flagg's 1917 Uncle Sam "I Want You" poster was based on the original British Lord Kitchener poster of three years earlier. It was used to recruit soldiers for both World War I and World War II. The Uncle Sam character is actually based on Samuel Wilson, a meat packer from upstate NY who shipped beef to the U.S. Army in barrels marked "U.S." during the War of 1812. Flagg called it "most famous poster in the world." We'd have to agree as countless artists have given it their own twist with iconic characters substituting for Uncle Sam like Darth Vader, Doctor Doom, GI Joe's Cobra, Master Shredder and more. Check it out after the jump.
• Naomie Harris Could Be the Next Girl We Watch Bond Bang (ScreenJunkies) • Rob Corddry is: The Worst Negotiator Ever (CollegeHumor) • Playmate Twitpics. You're Welcome. (theSmokingJacket) • Top 10 Star Wars Characters Not in the Movies (Gunaxin) • 80 New Victoria's Secret Lingerie Pictures (Guyism) • 25 Crazy Celebrity Portrait Tatoos (HolyTaco) • Michelle Hunziker Showering With a Friend in a Bikini (HollywoodTuna) See more awesome links after the jum
• The Force really pisses off the office (Heavy) • Christy Turlington sweats through her hoo-ha A LOT (Barstool Sports) • 5 classic senior pranks (College Humor) • Cintia Dicker models bikinis for Victoria’s Secret (Guyism) • 25 funny senior class yearbook photos (theCHIVE) • Vancouver Canucks flasher has a face, we need a name (Busted Coverage) • Sneak peek of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises (The Superficial) See more awesome links after the jump!
AOL News reported that we (America) would not be able to survive a Battle: Los Angeles style attack from threats beyond our solar system, according to retired Army Colonel John Alexander. As a species I think we know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, that's what makes movies in which fellow humans overcome insurmountable odds so entertaining and rewarding. But, some movies really stretch our suspension of disbelief with their extremely lopsided David vs. Goliath battles that are, in reality, un-winnable. Which movies? Find out after the jump!
• 11th Seeded VCU Stuns Kansas with 71 to 61 Win.
• Doesn't Julian Assange already have his own secret, underground home?
• He Died For Your Flame Broiled Whoppers!
• GOOOAAAL... To The Face
• 28 Vintage Book Club Mailers
• The 7 Most Heroic Con Artists Of All Time
• 9 Of Brock's Best Mummy-Beating, Henchmen-Killing Moments! • The Best (And Only) Mighty Ducks Rap In Existence • Founding Fathers Or Founding Tokers? • Crazy Rich Guy Makes It Rain Money At Starbucks • It Takes A Man To Be A Bad Father • Danica Thrall Is Pretty Damn Sexy See More Awesome Links After The Jum
• Ex-Sorority Sister Dishes on Megan Levant
• The Busty Beauties Of Showtime Show Us A Good Time
• Red-Haired Evan Rachel Wood Goes Blonde
• 80s Kids Movies: The Tragic Epilogue
• Six People You're Guaranteed To Meet At Spring Break
• Hit The Beach With 9 Of The Hottest Female Surfers
See More Awesome Links After The Jump!
Ever since Twilight flashed its sparkly fangs onto the silver screen, young girls and crazy cougars everywhere have been going gaga for "monsters" with pale complexions and six packs that us guys can't compete with. They've already made vampires and werewolves pansies and I have my suspicions that mummies and the Creature from the Black Lagoon are next. Here are a few monsters that, no matter how hard female writers may try, won't be able to turn into sexy models. At least, I hope not. See what makes them so very un-sexy after the jump!
Star Wars and video games are a lot like the timeless combination of peanut butter and chocolate - they're just as good on their own, but, when they're together, you better believe you have one hell of a collabo on your hands! Since the advent of arcades and home video game consoles, there have been Star Wars games to provide hours of entertainment no matter where you're playing. However, like the Force itself, there is both a light side and a dark side to games based on the galaxy far, far away. Read on to see our list of the best and worst of Star Wars video games- punch it, Chewie!
Geeks and nerds are a somewhat skittish lot that tend to stay away from places replete with loud noises, rowdiness and general human contact. That's not to say the most famous worlds and universes of geekdom deprive themselves of a watering hole to unwind and drink their troubles away. Get ready to travel to galaxies far, far away to some of the greatest bars many of our favorite characters call their home away from home!
• "Year of the Beard" is a front-runner for Best Picture at next year's Oscars • Megan Fox's bikini body foxes up a new commercial for Armani jeans • Quentin Tarantino's "Star Wars" • Hottest girlfriends of MLB's leadoff hitters • 9 ‘Tim and Eric’ Regulars Who Need A Cameo In ‘Billion Dollar Movie’ • South Carolina's hottest Asian? • London ice cream shop serving breast milk ice cream
Decades ago, viewers were fascinated with a device from Star Trek called the Tricorder. Now we have those devices in the form of mobile phones. With that in mind, there are a few other fictional devices from movies and television that should follow in the Tricorder's path. So if there is a Santa Claus of breakthrough technologies, here is a list of items he needs to get cracking on. See our list after the jump!
Spike's Video Game Awards ("VGAs") will air this Saturday at 8pm ET / 5pm PT. The show will be hosted by NPH, Neil Patrick Harris, who's nominated for Best Male Performance (ew) for his work in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. A few major announcements are expected to go down: Batman: Arkham City will debut gameplay, Lucasarts might announce Star Wars Battlefront 3, a first look at Saints Row 3, and the first trailer for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. As much as we'd LOVE to give predictions, we're giving this photo gallery of gorgeous gamer girls instead. Look deep into their "controllers". There you will find the answers you seek! GAME OOOOOOOOOOOON!
Hot pics of Gamer Girls....
As the years have progressed, video games have becoming increasingly cinematic, with their story lines and characters often drawing comparisons with films both past and present. With that being said, here are the "Tinsel Town" equivalents of some of our favorite (and not so favorite) video games.
The sequel to Star Wars The Force Unleashed released yesterday. One of our top gamer reviewers took a stab at it and unleashed some truth on what is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year. Check out screenshots and the official trailer.
Now that anyone can strive for 15 minutes of fame - in a fraction of that time thanks to sites like YouTube of course - there is more than an abundance of intentional and not-so-intentional hilarity posted online. COED culled the web for listings and polls of what cyberspace peeps seem to find the most entertaining viral videos, picked 5, and finally added the theoretical outcome if herb was added to the recipe. And because you'll be stoned, there's absolutely no need to explain each video's theme or concept... you'll find your own personal comedic euphoria!
The holy grail of dating is to actually find a girl who's hot but is still willing to go out with you. And as you've already figured out, that's really hard. But even if you're not as attractive or as suave as that friend who has so much sex you want to punch him, even if you "have no game," there are a few ways to tip the scales in your favor.
Harrison Ford is a Hollywood institution. He played Indiana Jones, banged Princess Leia, and spoke wookie. He's a credit to men everywhere. And part of his badassery is the fact that he can pretty much bitch slap you with his focused, steely glare. Not only did that testicle tearing stare scare the bad guys, but it might have scared success away from his co-stars.
For years Star Wars fans have had to deal with the indignation of not being properly represented in the flash drive arena. You either had to buy the same one as everyone else and put a Yoda sticker on it, or buy one that was badly painted to look like Darth Vader.
Here are the movie catchphrases of Hollywood lore that will be around until the end of time.
Tons of bad movies open at #1 -and mostly, everybody already knows they suck before they hit the theater. Sometimes, however, a movie everyone expects to be awesome opens at #1 that is really bad. Offensively bad. Beg-for-your-money-back, sign-of-the-impending-apocalypse bad. Here are the 10 Worst Movies to Open at #1.
You're in for a treat this summer: Star Trek is poised to be a popular success on the level of Iron Man. It's exciting, funny, and entertaining in ways that are accessible both to die-hard Trekkies and average movie lovers. Except for the parts where it sucks... (Spoiler Alert!)
We’ve got some good videos to start out the week. First up, we’ve got disappointed dogs dressed in Star Wars costumes. Then there’s the first...
Star Wars + Coming to America = A HA!...