Drinking games date back to Ancient Greece. Nowadays, there seems to be a drinking game for just about every spectator event out there – whether...
I haven’t laughed like this in a long time. Yeah it was uploaded 2 days ago to YouTube, which is like 2 years in internet...
We’ve been telling you about the powerful new lightsaber simulator app has been developed by Brisk and Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace...
We sent COED correspondents Yang Miller and Shawn Wickens to check out the absolute mayhem that was sure to go down at the midnight NYC...
Last week, we featured a Blue Ivy homeless sign, a place you never want to check into on Foursquare, cleaning her vajayjay with yogurt, a...
Last week, we showed you the digital throwdown between Darth Maul and Yoda. Now we’re back with the latest commercial from the series. If you...
In a galaxy far, far away a powerful new lightsaber simulator app has been developed by Brisk and Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace, which will be re-released in theaters in 3D February 10th. The iPhone/Android app allows you to choose The Light Side or The Dark Side, then use your finger as a fully functioning lightsaber. Click to read more and to see screengrabs.
This past weekend was the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live's 37th season. Alec Baldwin was the host (for the eleventieth time) and integral part of yet another round of hilarious "never before seen" screen test auditions. This time, it was for the 25th anniversary of Top Gun. These always seem to do so well, it's amazing they haven't done more. Take a look at this past weekend's clips along with the other classics then let us know which movie you think they should do next in the comments section after the jump.
Look, motherf*cker. I know what sound a lightsaber makes, OK? It's just hard to transcribe. I've been practicing making lightsaber noises since I was a little kid and by now I'm pretty godd@mn good at it. I'm not as good as these guys though. They're obviously much cooler than me.
We've featured dubstep a couple times here at COED - once to spotlight magical motion-freezing headphones and another to highlight how nutty those Russians are. Today, we get a dubstep video that features the Dark Side. Growing up, all the kids wanted to be either a Jedi or Han Solo. Me? I wanted to be Vader. Dude's got a kick-ass voice and can choke you out from across the table without touching you. Attention someone with video editing skillz - cut a dubstep mashup of cinema's greatest villains... let's introduce a little anarchy. Check out the vid after the jump.
This video apparently won the 'George Lucas Selects' award. A filmmaker's friend, never having seen the movie, is asked to relate Episodes IV,V, and VI. I wish I could say that she messes it up for some other reason than she's a girl, but that would be lying. Check out her hilarious attempt after the jump!
At COED we try to pay homage to the funniest sites on the web. With our Tumblrs of the Week column, we highlight the best, most WTF Tumblrs. This week’s Tumblrs feature timeless wisdom from an elderly green resident of Dagobah, Steve Buscemi's peepers added to chicks' faces, and the epitome of existing in your 20s now. Check 'em out after the jump.
James Montgomery Flagg's 1917 Uncle Sam "I Want You" poster was based on the original British Lord Kitchener poster of three years earlier. It was used to recruit soldiers for both World War I and World War II. The Uncle Sam character is actually based on Samuel Wilson, a meat packer from upstate NY who shipped beef to the U.S. Army in barrels marked "U.S." during the War of 1812. Flagg called it "most famous poster in the world." We'd have to agree as countless artists have given it their own twist with iconic characters substituting for Uncle Sam like Darth Vader, Doctor Doom, GI Joe's Cobra, Master Shredder and more. Check it out after the jump.
• Naomie Harris Could Be the Next Girl We Watch Bond Bang (ScreenJunkies) • Rob Corddry is: The Worst Negotiator Ever (CollegeHumor) • Playmate Twitpics. You're Welcome. (theSmokingJacket) • Top 10 Star Wars Characters Not in the Movies (Gunaxin) • 80 New Victoria's Secret Lingerie Pictures (Guyism) • 25 Crazy Celebrity Portrait Tatoos (HolyTaco) • Michelle Hunziker Showering With a Friend in a Bikini (HollywoodTuna) See more awesome links after the jum
• The Force really pisses off the office (Heavy) • Christy Turlington sweats through her hoo-ha A LOT (Barstool Sports) • 5 classic senior pranks (College Humor) • Cintia Dicker models bikinis for Victoria’s Secret (Guyism) • 25 funny senior class yearbook photos (theCHIVE) • Vancouver Canucks flasher has a face, we need a name (Busted Coverage) • Sneak peek of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises (The Superficial) See more awesome links after the jump!
• "These Chicks Are My Kind Of Scum!" • Great Moments In Kentucky Derby Infield History • Kat Dennings Has Thor Boobs • Memorable Star Wars Quotes • 10 more things you should know about sex • President Will Ferrell Responds To Osama's Death • Megan Fox plays with our passion See more awesome links after the jump!
• The Zombie Virus Spreads to Lego Land • 25 Obscene Cakes • Grading the Newest Sex Scandal Teacher • 10 Most Underrated Draft Prospects • 6 Video Game Characters Who Got Powerful for No Reason • 10 Worst Star Wars Video Games of All-Time • RIP Empire Carpet Guy See more awesome links after the jump!
AOL News reported that we (America) would not be able to survive a Battle: Los Angeles style attack from threats beyond our solar system, according to retired Army Colonel John Alexander. As a species I think we know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, that's what makes movies in which fellow humans overcome insurmountable odds so entertaining and rewarding. But, some movies really stretch our suspension of disbelief with their extremely lopsided David vs. Goliath battles that are, in reality, un-winnable. Which movies? Find out after the jump!
• 11th Seeded VCU Stuns Kansas with 71 to 61 Win.
• Doesn't Julian Assange already have his own secret, underground home?
• He Died For Your Flame Broiled Whoppers!
• GOOOAAAL... To The Face
• 28 Vintage Book Club Mailers
• The 7 Most Heroic Con Artists Of All Time
• 9 Of Brock's Best Mummy-Beating, Henchmen-Killing Moments! • The Best (And Only) Mighty Ducks Rap In Existence • Founding Fathers Or Founding Tokers? • Crazy Rich Guy Makes It Rain Money At Starbucks • It Takes A Man To Be A Bad Father • Danica Thrall Is Pretty Damn Sexy See More Awesome Links After The Jum
• Ex-Sorority Sister Dishes on Megan Levant
• The Busty Beauties Of Showtime Show Us A Good Time
• Red-Haired Evan Rachel Wood Goes Blonde
• 80s Kids Movies: The Tragic Epilogue
• Six People You're Guaranteed To Meet At Spring Break
• Hit The Beach With 9 Of The Hottest Female Surfers
See More Awesome Links After The Jump!
Ever since Twilight flashed its sparkly fangs onto the silver screen, young girls and crazy cougars everywhere have been going gaga for "monsters" with pale complexions and six packs that us guys can't compete with. They've already made vampires and werewolves pansies and I have my suspicions that mummies and the Creature from the Black Lagoon are next. Here are a few monsters that, no matter how hard female writers may try, won't be able to turn into sexy models. At least, I hope not. See what makes them so very un-sexy after the jump!
Star Wars and video games are a lot like the timeless combination of peanut butter and chocolate - they're just as good on their own, but, when they're together, you better believe you have one hell of a collabo on your hands! Since the advent of arcades and home video game consoles, there have been Star Wars games to provide hours of entertainment no matter where you're playing. However, like the Force itself, there is both a light side and a dark side to games based on the galaxy far, far away. Read on to see our list of the best and worst of Star Wars video games- punch it, Chewie!
Geeks and nerds are a somewhat skittish lot that tend to stay away from places replete with loud noises, rowdiness and general human contact. That's not to say the most famous worlds and universes of geekdom deprive themselves of a watering hole to unwind and drink their troubles away. Get ready to travel to galaxies far, far away to some of the greatest bars many of our favorite characters call their home away from home!
• "Year of the Beard" is a front-runner for Best Picture at next year's Oscars • Megan Fox's bikini body foxes up a new commercial for Armani jeans • Quentin Tarantino's "Star Wars" • Hottest girlfriends of MLB's leadoff hitters • 9 ‘Tim and Eric’ Regulars Who Need A Cameo In ‘Billion Dollar Movie’ • South Carolina's hottest Asian? • London ice cream shop serving breast milk ice cream
Decades ago, viewers were fascinated with a device from Star Trek called the Tricorder. Now we have those devices in the form of mobile phones. With that in mind, there are a few other fictional devices from movies and television that should follow in the Tricorder's path. So if there is a Santa Claus of breakthrough technologies, here is a list of items he needs to get cracking on. See our list after the jump!
Spike's Video Game Awards ("VGAs") will air this Saturday at 8pm ET / 5pm PT. The show will be hosted by NPH, Neil Patrick Harris, who's nominated for Best Male Performance (ew) for his work in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. A few major announcements are expected to go down: Batman: Arkham City will debut gameplay, Lucasarts might announce Star Wars Battlefront 3, a first look at Saints Row 3, and the first trailer for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. As much as we'd LOVE to give predictions, we're giving this photo gallery of gorgeous gamer girls instead. Look deep into their "controllers". There you will find the answers you seek! GAME OOOOOOOOOOOON!
Hot pics of Gamer Girls....
As the years have progressed, video games have becoming increasingly cinematic, with their story lines and characters often drawing comparisons with films both past and present. With that being said, here are the "Tinsel Town" equivalents of some of our favorite (and not so favorite) video games.
The sequel to Star Wars The Force Unleashed released yesterday. One of our top gamer reviewers took a stab at it and unleashed some truth on what is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year. Check out screenshots and the official trailer.