The landscape of the NBA may be shaken to its core tonight. The teams with the worst records will have the best odds in landing those key players from the NCAA. Ailing teams will look to college basketball to help prop them up for next year’s season.
Those 14 teams that didn’t make the playoffs will be fishing for some fresh, young blood to fill up the ranks of their squad. This is a very exciting moment for those bright-eyed youngsters hanging on that dream of one day making it in the NBA.
But when will this NBA Draft Lottery take place? I’ll give you a wild guess…
NBA Draft Lottery 2017 Viewing Details
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Time: 8:30 P.M. EST
TV Channel: ESPN
NBA Draft Lottery 2017 Date & Time Details
The 2017 NBA Draft Lottery is scheduled for Tuesday, May 16, 2017. That’s right, the draft is tonight! You can watch tonight’s show on ESPN at 8:30 P.M. EST.
What are the 2017 NBA Draft odds for the #1 pick?
• Boston Celtics, 25%
• Phoenix Suns, 19.9%
• Los Angeles Lakers*, 15.6%
• Philadelphia 76ers, 14.7%
• Orlando Magic, 8.8%
• Minnesota Timberwolves, 5.3%
• New York Knicks, 5.3%
• Sacramento Kings*, 0%
• Dallas Mavericks, 1.7%
• New Orleans Pelicans*, 1.1%
• Charlotte Hornets, 0.8%
• Detroit Pistons, 0.7%
• Denver Nuggets, 0.6%
• Miami Heat, 0.5%
Who will be representing their teams during this NBA Draft?
• Celtics: owner Wyc Grousbeck
• Hornets: general manager Rich Cho
• Mavericks: assistant vice president and team legend Michael Finley
• Nuggets: shooting guard Gary Harris
• Pistons: general manager Jeff Bower
• Lakers: president of basketball operations and team legend Magic Johnson
• Heat: vice president of player programs and team legend Alonzo Mourning
• Timberwolves: small forward Andrew Wiggins
• Pelicans: coach Alvin Gentry
• Knicks: broadcaster and team legend Walt Frazier
• Magic: coach Frank Vogel
• 76ers: center Joel Embiid
• Suns: shooting guard Devin Booker
• Kings: coach Dave Joerger
Look out for Markelle Fultz
This University of Washington point guard may be the top pick of the night. He’s been compared to Deron Williams and Dwyane Wade with a jump shot. He’s landed himself at the top on nearly every draft board. Will he shine tonight during the draft? The other top picks in the draft appear to be guard Lonzo Ball, forward Josh Jackson, forward Jayson Tatum and guard De’Aaron Fox. That might just be the future of the NBA right there, folks!